←  Political Discussion

Talk Radio Sucks -- Smart Politics

»

2020 Presidential & Congressional Elec...

indy's Photo indy 17 June 2019 - 07:14 PM

Hence my comment, Rue, about looking into Russian pollsters. They need survey only one voter and the results never get them fired.

baw1064's Photo baw1064 17 June 2019 - 07:21 PM

View Postindy, on 17 June 2019 - 07:14 PM, said:

Hence my comment, Rue, about looking into Russian pollsters. They need survey only one voter and the results never get them fired.

Unless they survey the wrong voter!

indy's Photo indy 17 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

Well, I guess being dead does count as getting fired.

indy's Photo indy 17 June 2019 - 08:14 PM

My son is applying to all the campaigns for a position in the IT departments. He wants the field to be bigger.

Rue Bella's Photo Rue Bella 17 June 2019 - 09:17 PM

View Postindy, on 17 June 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

My son is applying to all the campaigns for a position in the IT departments.

Does he speak Russian?

indy's Photo indy 18 June 2019 - 05:58 AM

I should have qualified. He's only applying to the Democratic campaigns. He knows how to use email.

Rue Bella's Photo Rue Bella 18 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

https://www.business...kick-off-2019-6

The leading newspaper in Orlando, where Trump is kicking off his 2020 campaign, made its 2020 endorsement: 'Not Donald Trump'

The Orlando Sentinel, the leading newspaper in the Florida city where President Donald Trump is set to launch his 2020 reelection campaign, on Tuesday made it very clear it would not be endorsing Trump.
The Sentinel said it has "seen enough" from Trump over his tenure so far and there's "no point pretending we would ever recommend that readers vote for Trump."
Since the 1950s, the Florida newspaper has overwhelmingly endorsed Republican presidential nominees with few exceptions.
Trump's campaign kickoff event is set to be held in Orlando on Tuesday night.

Probabilistic's Photo Probabilistic 19 June 2019 - 10:44 AM

Posted Image

andydp's Photo andydp 19 June 2019 - 04:39 PM

View PostProbabilistic, on 19 June 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

How bad does a candidate have to be for Pres Trump to tell them NOT to run ?

D. C. Sessions's Photo D. C. Sessions 19 June 2019 - 06:14 PM

View Postandydp, on 19 June 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

Or how good?

Probabilistic's Photo Probabilistic 20 June 2019 - 09:16 AM

View Postandydp, on 19 June 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

This is a rhetorical question, of course. However the answer is Trump doesn't like losers, he only likes winners. Comes from a place of deep self-loathing.

Rue Bella's Photo Rue Bella 20 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

https://www.thedaily...beat-doug-jones

Roy Moore, Accused Child Molester, Announces Second Senate Run
The most flawed candidate for the U.S. Senate in modern history thinks he can do it this time.

Rich T Bikkies's Photo Rich T Bikkies 21 June 2019 - 03:27 AM

View PostRue Bella, on 20 June 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

The most flawed candidate for the U.S. Senate in modern history thinks he can do it this time.

Well . . . Trump . . . you know.

Bact PhD's Photo Bact PhD 21 June 2019 - 08:31 AM

I can’t duplicate ol’ Gomer Pyle, but “Surprise, surprise, surprise!” regarding this Flori-DUH member of the FreeDumb Caucus (I don’t have an actual link; this is from the app put out by my local rag and was in today’s print edition.):

When Ted Yoho first ran for office he set his own term limits at four, while taking aim at incumbent "career politicians" along the campaign trail. It was a promise he consistently made each election, most recently in 2018.

(snip)

Yoho has filed a statement of candidacy form for the 2020 election with the Federal Election Commission. He has quietly raised $10,500 this year and reestablished his Ted Yoho for Congress committee.

(snip)

During an interview with The Sun last October, he said if elected, he would honor his campaign pledge for four terms and pass the baton to somebody else. Two months later he filed his statement of candidacy for 2020.

I fully expect him to get re-elected, too. Term limits for thee, but not for me, I suppose.

pnwguy's Photo pnwguy 21 June 2019 - 08:36 AM

View PostBact PhD, on 21 June 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

I fully expect him to get re-elected, too. Term limits for thee, but not for me, I suppose.
Silly Rabbit. (Dirty) Trix are for Republicans.

Traveler's Photo Traveler 21 June 2019 - 02:17 PM

A salutory bit of news.

More than one-third of voters want Bernie Sanders to drop out of the 2020 race, according to a new poll.

Rue Bella's Photo Rue Bella 21 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

Your 15 minutes are over, Bernie. Go away.

MSheridan's Photo MSheridan 21 June 2019 - 03:23 PM

View PostTraveler, on 21 June 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

And in this election, I'd be one of those people wanting him to drop out, although he'd obviously still get my vote in any matchup against anybody who could conceivably gain the nomination of today's Republican Party.

However, 35% of Democratic voters (the group being polled) is not at all the same thing as over half of that group. The same poll said he has a campaign enthusiasm percentage of 40, which is the second highest in the field. In other words, I think you are celebrating a poll for showing the opposite of what it actually does show.

LFC's Photo LFC 24 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

View PostRue Bella, on 20 June 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

Roy Moore, Accused Child Molester, Announces Second Senate Run

And he might be able to do it this time. This is Alabama, after all, and Roy is such a "good Christian."

LFC's Photo LFC 24 June 2019 - 03:16 PM

The Democratic field is now an even two dozen.

Former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA) announced on Sunday that he, just like 23 other Democrats, is running for president.

In his announcement video, Sestak touted his military experience as a three-star vice admiral and his previous experience of running for the House and Senate (he lost his Senate race).

“Our country desperately needs a President with a depth of global experience and an understanding of all the elements of our nation’s power, from our economy and our diplomacy to the power of our ideals and our military, including its limitations,” Sestak said. “So that, when faced with the decision on whether to use our military, our Commander-in-Chief will know how it will end before deciding if it is wise to begin.”

He listed climate change, competition with China, and corporate influence in politics as the main issues to address.

The former congressman explained that he launched his campaign relatively late because his daughter’s brain cancer had returned.

Sestak, who worked for the National Security Council under Bill Clinton’s administration, was elected to the House in 2006 and served there until he decided to run for Senate in 2010 (which the Obama administration tried to avoid by asking Clinton to offer him a job). He lost the race to Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA), and lost the Democratic primary when he launched another Senate campaign for 2016.