←  Talk Radio and the Media

Talk Radio Sucks -- Smart Politics

»

Tucker Carlson’s Ad Sales Are Tanking

Rue Bella's Photo Rue Bella 11 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

Why is that Yahoo still on the air??

Oh, right, Fox viewers must like what he has to say.

D. C. Sessions's Photo D. C. Sessions 11 August 2019 - 08:29 PM

Wrong advertisers. They should get some serious traction with the RNC, Republican reelection campaigns, and the KKK.

Practical Girl's Photo Practical Girl 12 August 2019 - 01:13 PM

Money talks and bullshit walks. We shall see what Fox "News" decides.

LFC's Photo LFC 13 August 2019 - 09:31 AM

I guess racism doesn't make for good PR anymore. What is our nation coming to? We need to MAGA!!! (Cue Prince singing "So tonight I'm gonna party like it's eighteen ninety-nine.")

pnwguy's Photo pnwguy 13 August 2019 - 10:10 AM

View PostLFC, on 13 August 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Cue Prince singing "So tonight I'm gonna party like it's seventeen eighteen ninety-nine."
Slavery had been abolished by 1899. The GOP needs you to go back a century earlier.

Rich T Bikkies's Photo Rich T Bikkies 13 August 2019 - 10:37 AM

View PostLFC, on 13 August 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

I guess racism doesn't make for good PR anymore.

Much too early to say. But it's a good sign.

AnBr's Photo AnBr 13 August 2019 - 08:58 PM

View Postpnwguy, on 13 August 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

Slavery had been abolished by 1899. The GOP needs you to go back a century earlier.

Yeah but we are talking about the Jim Crow Era, so I would go with LFC's date. Racism did make for good politics in the late 19th century, at least in the South.

andydp's Photo andydp 21 August 2019 - 05:42 AM

This came in my news feed this morning. Unfortunately, not enough...

A Monday night episode from one year ago, the broadcast of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Aug. 20, 2018, had 16 minutes of ads, with 38 commercials that aired across the nation, according to iSpot.tv, the television ads measurement company. The Monday night episode this week, by contrast, had 13.5 minutes of commercials, with 23 nationally aired spots. Eight of the 23 were promotions for other Fox properties.

Mr. Carlson still attracts a large audience. He drew 3.1 million viewers on Monday night, the second-largest audience in all of cable that night. That number put him close behind his Fox News colleague Sean Hannity,

Story here:

https://www.msn.com/...ocid=spartandhp

LFC's Photo LFC 21 August 2019 - 09:29 AM

I guess Faux News doesn't think that being viewed as the #1 promoter of racist tropes is good for the future of the business. Ditto for a pile of advertisers who don't want to be smeared with his bile and stench.