Rich T Bikkies's Content

There have been 746 items by Rich T Bikkies (Search limited from 03-July 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#208901 Coronavirus

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 30 June 2020 - 12:37 PM in Political Discussion

View PostLFC, on 30 June 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

The EU is barring travel from America because our we're so out of control. Thanks, Trump.

I presume that doesn't include us. Boris "got Brexit done", you will recall. (Strangely, no comment yet about this on the two UK news sites I follow: the graun and the Independent). I feel strangely apathetic about it. Or perhaps that should be punch-drunk?

#208900 SCOTUS Decisions - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 30 June 2020 - 12:33 PM in Political Discussion

Nice to see you guys backing my point that Roberts has realised he's been backing the wrong horse. Thanks for pointing out that this is because he's worried about his place in history. I'm reassured that I don't have to work hard to change my opinion of him as a loathsome human being.

#208899 Guns

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 30 June 2020 - 12:27 PM in Political Discussion

a video on Monday morning showing an unidentified white couple brandishing their firearms at anti-police brutality protesters in St. Louis, Missouri

for a moment I thought it was a Derringer she was brandishing, but it's square like an automatic. Toy gun? If so, it would in the UK still be a crime.

#208898 So long Internet... it was nice knowing you

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 30 June 2020 - 12:24 PM in Political Discussion

View PostLFC, on 30 June 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

More companies are speaking to social media companies thru cash.

For the first time in its history, Facebook is facing an organized boycott from advertisers set to begin July 1st. It’s not from small companies, either — large corporations including Hershey, Honda, and Verizon have stopped their spending. The goal of the Stop Hate for Profit campaign is to pressure the social media behemoth into changing how it handles hate speech and misinformation, including often incendiary posts from President Trump. The companies pledge to stop advertising on Facebook and Instagram for at least a month.

There's one simple way Facebook could turn the tide, at least as far as the bad publicity is concerned: drop Zuckerberg publicly and noisily down a lift shaft[1]. Of course they won't.

[1] Metaphorically would suffice, but I'd be quite happy if they did it literally.

#208875 RUSSIA

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 30 June 2020 - 02:04 AM in Political Discussion

View PostAnBr, on 29 June 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

Trump to Retaliate Against Russia

I'll always love Andy like a brother, but these days reality is Trumping[1] him every time.

[1] Yes, yes, all right, give it a rest, I know you saw what I did there.

#208756 The Bird Thread (was One for LFC)

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 27 June 2020 - 08:48 AM in Non-Political Discussion

View PostLFC, on 27 June 2020 - 08:16 AM, said:

It sure seems to have made an impression. Admit it. You've been web searching for your own set ever since I posted. It's OK. We won't judge ... out loud.

That's rather a personal question; I prefer not to answer.

#208752 The Bird Thread (was One for LFC)

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 27 June 2020 - 04:13 AM in Non-Political Discussion

10^12 non-Like likes. But I'll try and be positive: that is not in quite such loathsome taste as the bondage gear trimmed with purple leather that LFC (IIRC) posted pix of a few months back.

#208751 Random Posts

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 27 June 2020 - 03:41 AM in Non-Political Discussion

View PostLFC, on 26 June 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

McDonald's, I'm lovin' it!

This week, it's 10 years since the seemingly indestructible meal was purchased, and it barely looks a day older.

Curious observers can watch a live stream of the burger and fries from its current location in a glass cabinet in Snotra House, a hostel in southern Iceland.

"The old guy is still there, feeling quite well. It still looks quite good actually," the hostel's owner Siggi Sigurdur told BBC News.

I refuse to be impressed by this unless somebody eats it and enjoys it. They could cut off and eat a quarter of it and keep the rest on display.

#208667 2020 Presidential & Congressional Elections

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 25 June 2020 - 03:49 PM in Political Discussion

View PostRue Bella, on 25 June 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

What they really should be doing is kicking his enablers. The evangelicals, the senate republicans and governors, the GOP donors, the rednecks, Fox news, and other deplorables despicables.

FIFY.

#208666 Republican Party has ‘flat out lost its mind’

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 25 June 2020 - 03:46 PM in Political Discussion

Darwin.

Except that many of the fittest won't survive either.

#208619 The Trump Phenomenon

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 25 June 2020 - 06:25 AM in Political Discussion

View Postandydp, on 25 June 2020 - 06:03 AM, said:

The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so.

Also see St Matthew's Gospel Chapter 6.

As (AFAICT) the only remaining self-styled God-botherer on this board, I'm delighted to see that quoting the Bible in here has increased steadily over the past few years — and that the quotes are not the ones the Christianists like to quote!

#208569 2020 Presidential & Congressional Elections

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 24 June 2020 - 07:23 AM in Political Discussion

Rue Bella, on 23 June 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

GASP!!!

Not Jared! That just can't be true!!!

Fake news.

#208444 Non-political Humor

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 22 June 2020 - 03:32 AM in Non-Political Discussion

Probabilistic, on 21 June 2020 - 09:18 PM, said:

This is a photoshopped pic.

Of course. But it doesn't have to be; not, for example, if it was executed by a team under great deadline pressure led by an overbearing team leader who doesn't listen to his subordinates and can't spell.

Can any of you guys supply a pic of a sign with the word "nucular" on it?

#208443 The Trump Administration

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 22 June 2020 - 03:27 AM in Political Discussion

The wheels really do seem to be coming off the PGP (pussy grabber project) clown car. But where is it going to crash, what will it crash into, and how many will be killed? The last question is now looking less metaphorical than I thought it would.

#208442 2020 Presidential & Congressional Elections

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 22 June 2020 - 03:23 AM in Political Discussion

View PostD. C. Sessions, on 21 June 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

Humidity too low to measure. That might sound nice unless you know Phoenix. What that means is that you don't wipe sweat off, you brush salt off. Unless you sweat more than most people are capable of, you don't keep up with heating and you get hyperthermic, which you don't even notice because you're used to "hot" meaning "sticky." Until you drop, anyway.

Gosh, I didn't know that, and it shocked me. That doesn't happen often when I learn something new.

#208315 Democratic House Investigations of Donald Trump & His Criminal Associates

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 19 June 2020 - 09:22 AM in Political Discussion

View PostLFC, on 19 June 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

Please move on, ladies and gentlemen; nothing to see here.

#208296 2020 Presidential & Congressional Elections

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 19 June 2020 - 03:19 AM in Political Discussion

View PostAnBr, on 18 June 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

More Republicans Back Biden in Unprecedented Rebuke of a Sitting President

Scaramucci's name keeps popping up these days as part of the GOP "resistance". This could be the start of a glittering political career. Unlike what seems a lot of people, I remember his rapid hiring and firing by Trump, and what he's like. If he gets any clout in the GOP it'll end in tears.

The mere mention of his name rouses in me the sort of nausea I'd get picking up a slug or an earwig.

#208295 The Trump Phenomenon

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 19 June 2020 - 03:04 AM in Political Discussion

View Postgolden_valley, on 18 June 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

A long read looks at a certain segment of supporters, those who see Trump as speaking in code. QAnon stuff and other stuff too. this is written by Jeff Sharlet who wrote about the Family. This is hard to excerpt but try this for some of the flavor of the article:

If you printed a PDF it would be :=: 25 pages. TL;DR yet, but possibly never. I hate to think of reading pages and pages of people revealing flaunting their spiritual darkness — darkness that may well destroy America and therefore (since now Blighty has left the EU and we're desperate for ANY trade deal) the UK.

EDITED to sharpen it up a bit.

#208294 Political humor

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 19 June 2020 - 02:56 AM in Political Discussion

AnBr, on 18 June 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

Can't like this one enough.

10^12 likes is the statutory allocation according to custom and practice.

#208293 Political humor

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 19 June 2020 - 02:54 AM in Political Discussion

Bact PhD, on 18 June 2020 - 05:46 PM, said:

"I know Jack Schitt!!!"

I'd spell that "Schidt", but I admit that's just gilding the lily.

#208292 SCOTUS Decisions - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 19 June 2020 - 02:51 AM in Political Discussion

View Postgolden_valley, on 18 June 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

I suspect the CJ (who has his own agenda) still wants to be the leader of a legitimate looking court that follows traditional jurisprudence.

Possibly. But when it's him (in particular) that is making that choice, it's at a moral level no higher than realising you've backed the wrong horse. It's like "honesty is the best policy". IMO if Roberts wants to go to Heaven he'll have to do better than that.

#208254 SCOTUS Decisions - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 18 June 2020 - 11:33 AM in Political Discussion

LFC, on 18 June 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

But . . . but . . . he PACKED the Supreme Court!

#208233 SCOTUS Decisions - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 18 June 2020 - 10:30 AM in Political Discussion

LFC, on 18 June 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

SCOTUS ruled that DACA remains in place. In short the opinion is that Trump's administration still has to follow the rules, something that he absolutely abhors as a fascist dictator wannabe.

“We do not decide whether DACA or its rescission are sound policies,“ Roberts wrote. “We address only whether the agency complied with the procedural requirement that it provide a reasoned explanation for its action. Here the agency failed to consider the conspicuous issues of whether to retain forbearance and what if anything to do about the hardship to DACA recipients.

My bold. Gosh. I mean, you know, like, Gosh.

#208081 2020 Presidential & Congressional Elections

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 15 June 2020 - 12:23 PM in Political Discussion

View PostLFC, on 15 June 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

I'll see your landslide, and raise you one tsunami.

But OTOH we've seen him survive so many car-crashes[1] . . .

[1] That's train-wrecks in Yankspeak.

#208080 The Trump Phenomenon

Posted by Rich T Bikkies on 15 June 2020 - 12:19 PM in Political Discussion

Rue Bella, on 15 June 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

https://www.thedaily...x-papers-to-nyt

The president’s niece Mary Trump is set to publish a tell-all this summer—and to reveal that she was a primary source for The New York Times’ investigation into Trump’s taxes.

Donald Trump’s niece, his deceased brother’s daughter, is set to publish a tell-all book this summer that will detail “harrowing and salacious” stories about the president, according to people with knowledge of the project.

I hope she's got some powerful protection. I get the impression that the pussy grabber is seething with frustration and unfocussed vindictiveness. Let's hope we have no reason yet to remove that word "unfocussed".