#981 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9819 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostLFC, on 20 September 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

Schadenfreude Alert: Imagine that Trump gets wiped out in 2020.

Now imagine (at a wild guess, near even money) that he refuses to accept the results of the election and resists leaving office.

What then? Put up or shut up for the hard core wingnuts.
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#982 indy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9188 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:09 PM

What exactly does 'refusing to leave office mean', in practical terms? He orders the military to barricade the oval office? I mean, I see this statement a lot starting with Bush, then Obama, and now Trump and I have yet to understand how it works. He would need an assist from outside the civilian government, either the military or the judiciary. In which case, it's really a coup, so why not call it that?

#983 Traveler

Rambling Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13215 posts
  • LocationPhilly Area

Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:11 PM

Nate has an interesting article on swing voters.. Bottom line, I am still baffled.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."-- Winston Churchill
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" Voltaire

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users