#221 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5521 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostLFC, on 20 May 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

It won't matter to Trump. He'll tell his lawyers to file an appeal. He thinks he's going to wear the committee down like he did subcontractors and other people, down to the point where they decided to settle. This is not an analogous situation.

#222 JackD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationChicago area

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:42 PM

I don't think he'll wear them down but the courts may let him delay excessively.

#223 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9292 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:50 PM

View PostLFC, on 13 May 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

Mnuchin may be held in contempt by another committee. It doesn't sound like he has a legal leg to stand on, not that he cares.

In Mnuchin's case, $25k per day isn't going to be very much of an incentive. Please see previous comments on chessboards and grains of wheat.
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#224 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9292 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:01 PM

View PostJackD, on 20 May 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

I don't think he'll were them down but the courts may let him delay excessively.

Trump has jumped the queue on a lot of the cases where his maladministration has been in court (either as plaintiff or defendant.) It will amuse me mightily if that particular table turns.
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users