#41 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8665 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:12 PM

View PostRue Bella, on 10 November 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

He probably has no clue what chaparral is.

Not true! "There was this amazing babe -- forget her name but the tits! -- anyway, she wore chapparral one night ..."
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#42 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5089 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

Here's an explanation of how these massive fires burn. All the fire retardant and death defying drops of water on fires is pretty useless. We might as well save the money on that and use it on controlled burns.

#43 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1348 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

View Postgolden_valley, on 14 November 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Here's an explanation of how these massive fires burn. All the fire retardant and death defying drops of water on fires is pretty useless. We might as well save the money on that and use it on controlled burns.
As part of my forestry degree (a prior career), I had to take a forest fire policy class. We spent several weeks on meteorology, and as the article points out, big fires create their own weather. It's been documented that entire trees can be uprooted and catapult into the air for miles, like a burning spear that can jump canyons and bodies of water.

I've also been on a fire crew with the US Forest Service, though on the east coast where fire behavior is almost an order of magnitude easier to manage. Conifers, steep terrain, and dry summers create the trifecta of dangerous conditions for western fire crews. And even when it's hot as hell, you still need to dress from head to toe in uncomfortable clothing that's treated with a fire-retardant, which is what those yellow long sleeve shirts are about. It's horrible work. I'd like to see that fat ass Dumpster on a fire line with a backpack and Pulaski tool.
"All glory to the HypnoTrump, or else..."

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

#44 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5089 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

My life... Smoke from Camp Fire Making Sacramento the Most Polluted City on Earth on Thursday. I'm not complaining too much. The smoke will blow out eventually and I still can live a normal life, unlike the thousands that lost a place to live.

#45 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1348 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:33 AM

But this guy has the truth. It's all attacks from aerial drones and directed energy weapons.

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

#46 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24675 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:01 AM

View Postpnwguy, on 17 November 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

Posted Image
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#47 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4380 posts
  • LocationEarthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanos--oh my!

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:25 PM

Speaking of cuckoo

Trump predicted that spending more time raking the forest floors would "work out well" preventing future wildfires in California

Because that's what the President of Finland supposedly told Trump that they do there.

https://www.sfgate.c...ke-13401694.php
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#48 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8665 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

View Postbaw1064, on 17 November 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

Because that's what the President of Finland supposedly told Trump that they do there.

https://www.sfgate.c...ke-13401694.php

Seriously, do you blame him? Given how much trouble Trump has caused for the rest of the world, a bit of harmless pranking is getting off easy.
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#49 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4380 posts
  • LocationEarthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanos--oh my!

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostD. C. Sessions, on 17 November 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Seriously, do you blame him?

The guy from Finland? No.
Trump? Yes.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#50 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1348 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:20 AM

I'll have to check with my university to see if Advanced Forest Raking is a class they offer now in the undergraduate forestry program.

Dumpster could start his own youth program (when they aren't all busy learning how to bayonet brown children at the border). The CRC - Civilian Raking Corps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users