5 replies to this topic

#1 cmk

Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7537 posts
  • LocationBennington, VT, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:37 PM

I am likely going to finally be forced to upgrade the software for the forum due to mandatory security updates to my server. I'll post more when I know more.
Charles M. Kozierok - Administrator, TalkRadioSucks.com

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." -- Herbert Spencer

"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position." -- Bill Maher

"Our new Government['s] foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition." -- Alexander Stephens, Vice-President of the Confederacy

#2 Bact PhD

Frustrated, Thoughtful Independent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1545 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Charles. IIRC, you had indicated a while back that this was coming eventually, so this sounds like an " 'eventually' is almost here" sort of thing.

Many thanks for keeping this traveling road show...well, on the road! :)
Politics these days is show business. Elections are Dancing with the Stars with consequences. ~Rue Bella

(About fame) Living for likes, shares and follows is a form of validation. The question is whether it is also the source of our self esteem. If it is, we’re screwed. And, culturally, it seems as if it’s become more and more our shared value. ... Meringue is no longer a sweet and pretty topping but the body itself. ~Charles Perez

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816. ME 14:384, via LFC, 12/1/2016

Competent people go in one of a few directions. But incompetence is infinite. ~David Brooks, NY Times

#3 Practical Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7919 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

Thanks, Charles. Downtime- what, you're trying to give me the DTs? How will I know how to think? ;)

Whatever it takes, but mostly whatever you're willing and have time to do.
Every woman needs a blowtorch.
---Julia Child

--- On September 17, 1787, as Benjamin Franklin was leaving the deliberations of the Constitutional Convention, at Independence Hall, in Philadelphia, a woman called out to him, saying, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?”
“A republic,” Franklin said, “if you can keep it.”

--- LFC, on Gorsuch ruling: "Awesome. A Christianist who swore an oath to uphold the laws of the nation and bore false witness when he did it"

#4 Art_Vandelay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Location"Somewhere in Middle America"

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:55 AM

Hi Charles. I would be happy to contribute money to help offset any of the costs you incur. No reason you should fund this site on your own. Thanks for keeping it going.

#5 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5089 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:22 PM

I just saw this. Like Art, I'm happy to help.

#6 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24675 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

Ditto
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users