#1 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23949 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

Score one for the animals!

A pride of lions ate a group of poachers after they broke into a game reserve earlier this week in South Africa to hunt rhinoceroses.

Three men were believed to have been eaten alive by the predators sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning after they entered the Sibuya Game Reserve in Kenton-on-Sea to hunt rhinos, Nick Fox, the park’s owner, told Newsweek.

After the incident, authorities recovered the remains of their parts, three pairs of shoes, wire cutters, high-powered hunting rifles fitted with silencers and a type of ax that is commonly used by poachers to remove rhino horns.

“The only body part we found was one skull and one bit of pelvis, everything else was completely gone,” Fox said. “There is so little left that they don’t know exactly how many people were killed, we suspect three because we found three sets of shoes and three sets of gloves.”

Fox also revealed that rhino poaching groups usually consist of three people.

Although Fox admits that the incident was tragic, he also noted that it should send a “message” to other poachers who risk their lives to hunt game in his reserve.

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#2 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8416 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:46 PM

I confess that should I have caught them prior to their "unfortunate" contribution to leonid nutrition, I would have taken their weapons and vehicle and left them on foot to hike out. Who knows? They might have encounter rhinos! Would that have been luck or what?
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#3 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4920 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

Sometimes there is justice in this world.

#4 DCoronata

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

Don't worry about them, I hear the Thai navy is working on a way to get them out.
Ambassador Spock: "There's an old Vulcan proverb, that only Nixon could go to China, and only Trump could screw up North Korea."

“Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”
“Do you believe we can trust you rabble with a Republic?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users