4 replies to this topic

#1 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21764 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

Now that it's been exposed that Hannity is completely immersed in personal conflicts concerning anything to do with Trump you'd think he'd show a little more humility. Hah, just kidding. You'd have to be a decent, honest human being (Hannity hits 3 strikes right there) in which case you wouldn't have hidden your conflicts in the first place.

Anyway he's shrilly ranting at the NY Times again.

Sean Hannity urged his viewers to put a New York Times article on the special counsel investigation of President Donald Trump “in your fireplace and burn it.” Instead, he offered a tutorial on the importance of reading.

The Times’ story on a list of questions that Special Counsel Robert Mueller wanted to put to Trump in a potential interview upended cable newscasts Monday night, including Hannity’s Fox News Channel show. Hannity denigrated the Times’ use of anonymous sources, as did Trump, who tweeted Tuesday that the leak was “disgraceful.”

Hannity said that his own sources — which he did not identify — told him that “The New York Times is full of crap.”

“This is how bad the press in this country is,” Hannity said. “They are being fed lies and misinformation.”

He said the story was “clearly a leak by the special prosecutor’s office.”

Yet for a story reliant on anonymous sourcing, the Times was unusually forthcoming about where the information came from. It didn’t point toward Mueller’s office.

The Times story said that special counsel investigators read a series of questions to Trump’s lawyers, who compiled those questions into a list. That list was provided to the Times by “a person outside Mr. Trump’s legal team,” the newspaper said. Hannity did not discuss that disclosure on his show.

The typos and grammatical errors in the list that just scream "TRUMP!" make this all the more ridiculous.
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#2 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21764 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:48 PM

More on Hannity's conflicts. Turns out he and Trump talk almost every night. "Interesting" that Hannity has never disclosed this fact as he rabidly defends Trump. Some might even think there was a whiff on intent to hide the fact that he and Trump are bosom buddies.

he call to the White House comes after ten o’clock most weeknights, when Hannity is over. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, Sean Hannity broadcasts live at 9 p.m. on Fox News, usually from Studio J in midtown, where the network is headquartered, but sometimes from a remote studio on Long Island, where he was raised and now lives.

All White House phone numbers begin with the same six digits: 202-456. Hannity calls the White House switchboard, a number listed publicly, and reaches an operator. The operator refers to a list of cleared callers, a few dozen friends and family members outside the administration who may contact President Donald Trump through this official channel — among them his adult sons, Eric and Don Jr.; private-equity billionaire Stephen Schwarzman; media billionaire Rupert Murdoch; real-estate billionaire Tom Barrack; Patriots owner and also-billionaire Robert Kraft; and Hannity.

The operator then dials the president, who leaves the Oval Office around 7 p.m. and who, by this point in the evening, is almost always by himself on the third floor of the executive residence (the First Lady reportedly sleeps in a separate bedroom). He tells the operator to put Hannity through.

Their chats begin casually, with How are yous and What’s going ons. On some days, they speak multiple times, with one calling the other to inform him of the latest developments. White House staff are aware that the calls happen, thanks to the president entering a room and announcing, “I just hung up with Hannity,” or referring to what Hannity said during their conversations, or even ringing Hannity up from his desk in their presence.

Trump and Hannity don’t usually speak in the morning, which the president spends alone, watching TV and tweeting. During the first months of the administration in particular, the tweets launched at the beginning of the day landed like bitchy little grenades directed at the programming and personalities that angered him on MSNBC and CNN. “Early on, usually we could count on the president watching Morning Joe first thing, at 6 a.m.,” one White House official told me. “He’d watch an hour of that. Then he’d move on to New Day for a segment or two. Then he’d move on to Fox.”

That's about all I could stomach reading. I skimmed the rest and it looks even worse.
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#3 Rich T Bikkies

Trainee Basil Fawlty. Practising Victor Meldrew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3519 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:56 AM

View PostLFC, on 14 May 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

That's about all I could stomach reading. I skimmed the rest and it looks even worse.

I read it all the way through. Wow. Just—wow.

The big problem you have in the USA is that the percentage of influential people who are deeply worried about this sort of thing has steadily declined. And the big question for you in the USA is: has this percentage decreased yet below the critical level (to define which is above my pay grade)?

We in the UK are following you down the toilet; it's Brexit that has alerted me to this bad news. Fortunately some distance behind you, but again I don't know whether we've got below our critical level.
Reality is a hallucination caused by alcohol deprivation.

Only Satan can rebuke sin. The righteous don't know enough.

God is not dead. He was merely voted out of office.

You can do anything with anybody if you just save them the trouble of thinking.

#4 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11287 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

View PostRich T Bikkies, on 15 May 2018 - 01:56 AM, said:

We in the UK are following you down the toilet; it's Brexit that has alerted me to this bad news. Fortunately some distance behind you, but again I don't know whether we've got below our critical level.

There is a common element called Rupert. Of course Vlad has his fingers in both, as well.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#5 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11287 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

In fact, I don't think that Vlad could have been so effective in his manipulations had Rupert not been undermining the media for decades.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users