Could Republicans Be This Stupid? You Betcha!

6 replies to this topic

#1 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24786 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

It simply won't stay in its frozen Alaskan cesspool.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Sunday that she wouldn't hesitate to run for vice president again — though she might do a few things differently if given the chance to re-board the “Straight Talk Express.”

“Heck yeah,” said Palin, who was Republican nominee John McCain’s running mate in his 2008 presidential bid against then-Democratic nominee Barack Obama. “I would do it again in a heartbeat.”

In a conversation with conservative commentator Mark Levin on Fox News, Palin said she was glad to have been chosen by the McCain camp but still harbored a few regrets from the run-up to the election.

“I’d have pushed back harder on some of those who were trying to mold me into something that I was not during the campaign,” she said. “I would have pushed back and gotten more truth out there.”

Palin, a supporter of President Donald Trump, also revealed the “political, practical” reasons she believes she was chosen as McCain’s vice presidential candidate.

“He probably knew that they needed someone younger, needed a female and needed a true conservative to balance everything else out,” she said. “They were smart enough to have chosen someone with a lot of administrative experience — that was my career.”

I believe the exact phrase Andrew Sullivan used was "half-term governor of Alaska."
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#2 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4392 posts
  • LocationEarthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanos--oh my!

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:21 AM

I was just thinking, after Ted Nugent's progressively more unhinged attempts to stay in the news, that we hadn't heard from Sarah Palin in a while...
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#3 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24786 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:24 AM

View Postbaw1064, on 12 April 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

I was just thinking, after Ted Nugent's progressively more unhinged attempts to stay in the news, that we hadn't heard from Sarah Palin in a while...

I'm sure she has, we just all pay attention to "fake news".
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#4 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

View PostLFC, on 12 April 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

I believe the exact phrase Andrew Sullivan used was "half-term governor of Alaska."
Maybe she sees Scott Pruitt able to get away with first class travel and luxury hotels, so she wants in on the action. And she'd love a special flag to be flown when she's in the building, like Zinke. If she could have done that with Alaskan citizens, she might have stayed on.

The Dumpster administration is setting the bar to new lows, so that even a caribou won't get tripped crossing it.
"All glory to the HypnoTrump, or else..."

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

#5 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10233 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:35 AM

View Postbaw1064, on 12 April 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

They will take turns saying “hold my beer”; possibly literally.

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#6 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10233 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:38 AM

View Postpnwguy, on 12 April 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

Maybe she sees Scott Pruitt able to get away with first class travel and luxury hotels, so she wants in on the action. And she'd love a special flag to be flown when she's in the building, like Zinke. If she could have done that with Alaskan citizens, she might have stayed on.

The Dumpster administration is setting the bar to new lows, so that even a caribou won't get tripped crossing it.

Oh I’m sure. Grifters gotta grift, I’m sure she’s frantic that she’s missing peak grift.

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#7 Rich T Bikkies

Trainee Basil Fawlty. Practising Victor Meldrew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3777 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

View PostLFC, on 12 April 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Oh, come on, just lay off Sarah, why don't you? She was Mayor of Wasilla AK too, remember. I know I would not have lasted twelve hours in that job! Massive respect!

"He probably knew that they needed someone younger, needed a female and needed a true conservative to balance everything else out,” she said. “They were smart enough to have chosen someone with a lot of administrative experience — that was my career.”

Reality is a hallucination caused by alcohol deprivation.

Only Satan can rebuke sin. The righteous don't know enough.

God is not dead. He was merely voted out of office.

You can do anything with anybody if you just save them the trouble of thinking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users