#181 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8665 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:03 PM

View PostAnBr, on 06 December 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

The institute advocates for a non-interventionist foreign policy and the protection of some civil liberties at home.

Actually, only some and almost always only restricting the Federal government. "NeoConfederate" is a far better fit than "libertarian" WRT the Pauls' domestic policy orientation; they're totally fine with State actions that are closer to Jim Crow than anything newer than Eisenhower.
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#182 George Powell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:55 PM

View PostAnBr, on 06 December 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

er... from the page:

bold mine.
There is a lot that I like about the articles in Ron Paul Institute. I note the warning of unsubstantiated news about fake gas attacks. But question this. Following the Douma attack, that led to immediate American reprisals, both the head of the British SAS and the Ex-commander of the British army went on camera to say that they did not believe Assad did it, in fact the SAS chief said 'Nobody in the British army believes Assad was responsible for the Douma attack', defying Theresa May's official stance. That is heavy criticism from people who know. For me the fakers are Trump and May.

Those particular events were under-reported on the popular press, I bet you never read about them, but they can be seen on you-tube. So who do we believe?

Ron Paul is a promotional nightmare. If he allowed himself to attend Saatchi and Saatchi training for a month he would be able to fake an air of leadership (like Maggie thatcher and Theresa May) and people would follow him and believe him. I believe we are all so vulnerable to 'group think' and other manipulation. To me Ron Paul is a patriot.

#183 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12153 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:40 AM

I guess you have never met any Paulites and their perpetual intellectual adolescence.There is also a racist/neo-Confederate undertone to their "movement".
"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#184 George Powell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:29 AM

View PostAnBr, on 07 December 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

I guess you have never met any Paulites and their perpetual intellectual adolescence.There is also a racist/neo-Confederate undertone to their "movement".
I happened to see a few articles while using Bing to look up things for TRS. I have not gone into any detail at all. I delved into some stuff on Syria and Ukraine that rang true and indeed mirrored closely my own take on those issues. The writers seem a little obsessed, and over eager. I will take another look some time. I will admit I am surprised that there is a racist/neo confederate undertone. That is - interesting for something that on the surface looks intellectual.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users