547 replies to this topic

#541 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29256 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

Faux News's own Jeanine Pirro repeats The Great Replacement Theory, further cementing Faux News as the network of white supremacy. Tucker Carlson must be so proud of her.

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro appeared to embrace the white supremacist “great replacement” conspiracy theory used by the El Paso, Texas, shooter, during a Wednesday appearance on “The Todd Starnes Show” on Fox Nation.

“I’ve often wondered, who do they hate more?” Starnes asked Pirro. “Do they hate Donald Trump? Or do they hate the people who put him into office?”

” Well, they hate Donald Trump. He’s the one they want to get rid of, because people like you and me who put him into office — their plan and their plot to remake America is to bring in the illegals, change the way the voting occurs in this country, give them licenses,” Pirro said, offering no evidence to support her claims. “They get to vote, maybe once, maybe twice, maybe three times, and you know, you’ve got motor-voter registration on the day of the election. You’ve got people with — We’ve got voter rolls that haven’t been purged of dead people in years where the Democrats have resisted that.”
Check out our new podcast,

“Think about it,” she said, finishing her point. “It is a plot to remake America — to replace American citizens with illegals who will vote for the Democrats.”

Pirro’s words mirrored the rhetoric of the accused El Paso shooter, who wrote in a racist screed that “this attack is a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas.” The shooter directly echoed President Trump’s repeated warnings of “an invasion” at the border ahead of the 2018 midterm elections. According to this theory, which has become a core tenet of white supremacist ideology of white supremacy, nonwhite immigrants are somehow “replacing” white people.

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#542 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29256 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

AOC gets a great dig in at another Faux News white supremacy defender, Laura Igraham. Nice to see (tasteless irony intended) a spade being called a spade.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dunked on Fox News personality Laura Ingraham on Thursday for being part of America’s white supremacy crisis.

It started when the first-term representative, known as AOC, explained her policy on blocking accounts on Twitter.

“I have 5.2 million followers. Less than 20 accounts are blocked for ongoing harassment. 0 are my constituents,” Ocasio-Cortez posted on Twitter. “Harassment is not a viewpoint. Some accounts, like the Daily Caller, posted fake nude photos of me and abused my comments to spread it. No one is entitled to abuse.”

In response, Ingraham wrote, “‘Fewer’ than 20 accounts…”

AOC seemed to think Ingraham proved her policy was correct.

“See? You’re a neo-Nazi fan favorite and I don’t block you for defending white supremacist viewpoints and mocking gun violence survivors,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote.

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#543 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4904 posts
  • LocationEarthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanos--oh my!

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:23 PM

D. C. Sessions, on 29 August 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

No need. There is no injustice in the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea.

1. They hate being referred to as North Korea. South Korea, on the other hand, they're fine with.
2. As far as I know, they're the only country with Democratic and People's in the name. So you really know who comes first!
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#544 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9819 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:40 PM

LFC, on 30 August 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

I guess they don't kill black people without consequence anymore so ... progress?

They don't?
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#545 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29256 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

C'mon, dude. You were wearing a hat. Of course they thought you were a robber. Welcome to Georgia.

According to a Georgia doctor who also happens to be black, when he went to a bank to open a new account, a bank employee called 9-11 on him in an incident he says amounted to racial profiling.

“Until it happens to you, you never know what it was feels like,” Anthony Onyegbula told WSB-TV.

“They said I was suspicious, I was wearing a hat, and they thought I wanted to rob the bank, and I was like, ‘What?’” Onyegbula added.

A transcript of the 9-11 call published by WSB-TV shows that the bank employee made the assumption that Onyegbula was “up to no good.”

When Onyegbula left and went to another bank, that’s when he realized that the police had been called on him.

“Here come the same police, came inside the bank, now it’s two of them, and they said they told the manager to clear the room, because they wanted to talk to us,” Onyegbula said.

When asked by WSB-TV if he thought he was racially profiled, Onyegbula replied, “Yes.”

“I think they need training on how to deal with people. You cannot judge someone from the outside,” he said.

#546 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29256 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:25 PM

Climate change being a potentially big driver of refugees has the white nationalists freaking out.

Josh Kovensky has a fascinating look at how white nationalists are glomming onto and pressing climate change hysteria to advance their goals of a walled-off, whites-only America. This makes me think of a central part of how I see the future of climate change.

From the link in the quote...

Before slaughtering dozens of Muslims at a mosque in New Zealand and gunning down Latinos in a Walmart, two mass murderers cited one unifying cause in their manifestos: climate change.

“Why focus on immigration and birth rates when climate change is such a huge issue?” the Christchurch killer wrote.

More and more, white nationalists hooked on visions of a “Great Replacement” of whites will say that the Christchurch and El Paso shooters were not alone in linking climate change to their fretting about mass migration. As the real-world effects of climate change become visible, young racists are increasingly latching onto the disasters it creates as the impetus for protecting a white homeland that they claim to be under threat from refugees.

The vision has some precedent in the history of white nationalist movements. The search for a whites-only nation has, for decades, been intertwined with the vision of a green utopia for racists, often juxtaposed with the idea of overpopulation as a driving environmental concern.

But over the years, the discourse on the far right has shifted from using overpopulation as a fig leaf for efforts to either keep out or exterminate people of color to sweat-soaked anxiety around displacement as a result of climate change, with hordes of climate refugees cast as the new bogeyman.

For Betsy Hartmann, a professor at Hampshire College who has studied the overlap between the environmental movement and white nationalism, the re-emergence of this phenomenon — the far right using ecological concerns to advance its agenda — comes as no surprise, and is part of what she refers to as the “greening of hate.”

“It’s an apocalyptic discourse that the world is going to hell because of the decline of the white race,” she told TPM. Climate change, she added, provides a convenient backdrop in which the far right can place its fantasy.

#547 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29256 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:32 AM

Shove these motherf***ers either into prison or in the closet.

A white supremacist known for his extreme and harassing conduct online faces federal charges for alleged racially-motivated threats that prosecutors say sought to intimidate a black Charlottesville community activist who was considering running for office.

Daniel McMahon was arrested in Florida Wednesday. He has been charged with interference with candidate for elective office, bias-motivated interference with candidate for elective office, threats in interstate commerce and cyberstalking.

Both the indictment and superseding indictment that were unsealed Wednesday were extremely vague about the nature and content of McMahon’s allegedly threatening online communications.

The superseding indictment alleged that by “threat of force and violence,” McCahon “used the internet and his social media accounts to intimidate and interfere” with the prospective candidate’s campaign.

The indictment identifies McMahon’s alleged target as “D.G.,” an African-American Charlottesville resident who planned to announce his candidacy for city council at Jan. 8 event, but who instead announced at the event he would not be running.

That description fits Don Gathers, who co-founded Charlottesville’s Black Lives Matter chapter and who also has advocated for the renaming of Confederate monuments. At the time, Gathers’ decision to drop out of the city council race was described in local news reports as being related to health concerns.

#548 Beelzebuddy

Convenient Target of Irrational Fears

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1831 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:43 AM

Gathers’ decision to drop out of the city council race was described in local news reports as being related to health concerns.
Concerned about acute lead poisoning maybe? That's some Orwellian lingo right there
Fear Sells!

Cui bono?

"The real problem of humanity is the following: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and god-like technology." - EO Wilson.

"Hell is truth seen too late" - T Hobbes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users