6 replies to this topic

#1 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29115 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:51 AM

I just assumed his douchery was limited to his professional life. Silly me.

Prominent political journalist Mark Halperin apologized Wednesday night after five women told CNN that Halperin sexually harassed them while he was working at ABC News.

“During this period, I did pursue relationships with women that I worked with, including some junior to me,” Halperin said in a statement to CNN. “I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain. For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize. Under the circumstances, I’m going to take a step back from my day-to-day work while I properly deal with this situation.”

Halperin is a senior political analyst for NBC News and MSNBC, and a co-author of best-selling “Game Change” campaign books.

MSNBC told CNN that Halperin will leave his role as an analyst for the network given the allegations.

“We find the story and the allegations very troubling,” MSNBC said in a statement to CNN. “Mark Halperin is leaving his role as a contributor until the questions around his past conduct are fully understood.”

Five women told CNN that Halperin sexually harassed them while at ABC News, with some accusing him of inappropriately propositioning him and pressing his genitals against them without consent. Halperin served in powerful positions at ABC, including as the network’s political director, though none of the women who spoke with CNN say Halperin threatened their careers or promised to help them in exchange for sex.

You can read the rest for the skeevy details in the article. The pattern continues of a powerful man abusing that power to make up for the fact that they have absolutely ZERO game. It's about as unmasculine and pathetic as you can get.
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#2 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29115 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

Dams are breaking everywhere and women are speaking out. Excellent!

After several women anonymously spoke to CNN and the Daily Beast this week to accuse journalist Mark Halperin of sexual misconduct, another woman came forward on the record Thursday to accuse Halperin of inappropriate behavior.

Dianna May told the Washington Post that while she was a researcher at ABC News in 1994, Halperin, who was the network’s political director at the time, had her sit on his lap on multiple occasions.

May said that she asked Halperin for information for a story, and he told her to come to his office. Halperin asked May to close the door and motioned for her to sit on his lap, she told the Post. She told the Washington Post that she did not want to sit on his lap but that she thought rejecting Halperin could hurt her career. When she sat on his lap, he had an erection, May told the Post. Similar incidents occurred three or four more times, she said.

“I didn’t know what to do,” May told the Post. “He was important. He wasn’t my superior, but he was certainly in a superior position to mine. I didn’t say anything. I didn’t know how to at the time. I knew it was wrong.”

“It was gross,” she added. “He’s gross. He’s gross.”

And these women are punching Halperin right where it hurts the most; his wallet and his ego. Nice to see that being a disgusting pig has negative consequences.

Political analyst Mark Halperin has lost a book deal and an HBO project based on it in the wake of sexual-harassment allegations by at least five women.

Late Thursday, Penguin Press announced it would cancel a book by Halperin and longtime collaborator John Heilemann about the 2016 presidential election.

"In light of the recent news regarding Mark Halperin, the Penguin Press has decided to cancel our plans to publish a book he was co-authoring on the 2016 election," the publisher said in a statement.

Earlier. HBO said it was "“no longer proceeding with the project tied to the untitled book. HBO has no tolerance for sexual harassment within the company or its productions.”

Halperin, who often appears on MSNBC and NBC News, is leaving his contributor post after the women said he sexually harassed them while he had a powerful position at ABC News more than a decade ago.

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#3 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10233 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

The point missed that needs to be made - the behavior is pathetic in a way in any case. “When you are powerful, they let you do it” to paraphrase the groper-in-Chief. Congrats, so you are such a disgusting pig of a man that the only way you can get women is by exerting economic power over them?
Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#4 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29115 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:18 PM

View PostProgressive whisperer, on 27 October 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Congrats, so you are such a disgusting pig of a man that the only way you can get women is by exerting economic power over them?

One who completely defines being a man by the economic power they've got. It's pretty pathetic.

#5 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29115 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:46 AM

Political hack / serial predator Mark Halperin is trying to get back in the game with a book. He's teaming up with Judith Ragan, publisher of books by Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, and OJ Simpson. "Upgraded to smut" is an absolutely classic line (I bolded below).

Disgraced pundit Mark Halperin has turned to a somewhat-faded but once-explosive name for his new book: Judith Regan.

The book, “How To Beat Trump,” is slated for release in November by Regan’s company, Regan Arts. On the book’s cover, Regan Arts promises that the volume will offer insights from “America’s top political strategists on WHAT IT WILL TAKE” to beat President Trump in 2020.

News of the book first surfaced in Politico Playbook over the weekend, prompting controversy. Halperin was fired from his role as a leading journalist at NBC and Showtime after multiple women accused him of sexual assault and of using his position to threaten the women’s careers after being rebuffed.

But the book is only the latest scandal for Regan, who was a fixture of media coverage from the 1990s through the late 2000s for her bombastic personality and the controversial projects she took on, including books by Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, and the abortive but famous “If I Did It” by O.J. Simpson.

Regan did not reply to repeated emailed requests for comment.

“I do not in any way, shape, or form condone any harm done by one human being to another,” Regan said in a statement to Politico. “I have also lived long enough to believe in the power of forgiveness, second chances, and offering a human being a path to redemption.”

But the controversy around the Halperin book echoes other projects that Regan has undertaken.

Regan exploded onto the media scene in the early 1990s after publishing Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, and, as she added to multiple interviewers at the time, a book “by” the cartoon characters Beavis & Butthead.

“Howard is a tongue-down-your-throat kind of guy; Rush is more sensual and romantic,” Regan told the New York Times Magazine in a 1994 profile.

The profile described Regan’s projects as “as widely read as they are despised” — an iconoclasm that Regan cultivated in pursuit of fame, a quality not often associated with literary editors.

From Limbaugh, Regan upgraded to smut, reportedly giving Madonna the idea for her coffee table book “Sex,” while also publishing a host of erotic novels.

#6 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1790 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

View PostLFC, on 20 August 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Howard is a tongue-down-your-throat kind of guy
And it seems, so is Mark.

It's too bad about his professional and personal scandals. I did enjoy his political observations from his years of covering campaigns. But NBC and others were right in disassociating with him after they became public.
"All glory to the HypnoTrump, or else..."

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

#7 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29115 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:25 AM

Halperin is still trying to resurrect his career and MSNBC seems to be completely uninterested. Aside from being a complete and total misogynistic pig he was also (as pointed out in the subject line and multiple postings here at TRS) a political hack. If you're going to help revive the career of a sexual predator they should at least be stellar at what they do. Halperin never was.

Mark Halperin, an ex-pundit who slinked off in disgrace after being accused of sexual misconduct by a whole host of women, is attempting a comeback. And, based on a hostile call he had with MSNBC chief Phil Griffin, he is not looking kindly on those who stand in his way.

According to the Daily Beast, Halperin called Griffin after head honchos at the network put the kibosh on a possible collaboration with “Morning Joe” hosts Joe Scarborough and Mike Brzezinski.

Sources told the Beast that Halperin started threatening the network chief, prompting fury from Griffin, who says he is unlikely to take Halperin’s calls in the future.

Halperin has been softening the ground for his comeback after racking up sexual misconduct accusations from his time at ABC News, launching a newsletter and publishing a book. Many Democratic operatives who participated in the latter project have since expressed regret. Per the Daily Beast, he has told friends he wants to get back on TV and has lobbied an editor at The Hill for a job.

Dude! You were already toxic over you're attacking multiple women and now you're threatening a network executive because he doesn't want to hire you? WTF is WRONG with you? You took yourself from toxic to radioactive! After that kind of temper tantrum why would anybody touch you with a 10-foot pole? Oh, well. Maybe you can go full metal right-wingnut and get a job on One America News.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users