501 replies to this topic

#41 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

There's a Twitter feed for outing these people as well.
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#42 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10254 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

Doxxing has, until now, been pretty much a tool of the dudebros and other minimally-socialized types (think 'gamergate'). I suspect that they're not really prepared for it to be turned on them.
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#43 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Posted Image
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#44 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

Posted on the Sweet Tears of Teabilly Butthurt (seriously) FB page.

Posted Image

#45 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

Mrs. Betty Bowers sums up the march of the morons.

When fascism comes to America it will be carrying Polynesian party accessories.

Posted Image

#46 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8098 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

https://apnews.com/7...9fa2ff7eadf8f20

American tourist gives Nazi salute in Germany, is beaten up

Police say a drunken American man was punched by a passer-by as he gave the stiff-armed Nazi salute multiple times in downtown Dresden.

Dresden police said Sunday the 41-year-old, whose name and hometown weren’t given for privacy reasons, suffered minor injuries in the 8:15 a.m. Saturday assault.

Police say the American, who is under investigation for violating Germany’s laws against the display of Nazi symbols or slogans, had an extremely high blood alcohol level. His assailant fled the scene, and is being sought for causing bodily harm.

What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

#47 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostRue Bella, on 13 August 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

OK so nobody should be attacked for their views but it isn't very smart to put yourself in a situation where you egg it on. I have the right to walk up outside of a bar in central PA and yell "F*** TRUMP! F*** TRUMP! F*** TRUMP!" but it wouldn't be advisable.

#48 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

Posted Image

#49 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

The miserable little puke in one of the earlier photos is the first racist to pull the "I'm not a racist" card.

As his photo shot around the world, he told a reporter from a local tv station …

I did not expect the photo to be shared as much as it was. I understand the photo has a very negative connotation. But I hope that the people sharing the photo are willing to listen that I’m not the angry racist they see in that photo.

There’s no much room for mirth in this dark moment. But Cvjetanovic’s whining is certainly opening for some. This is basically a reductio absurdum of the ‘that’s not the real me’ genre of racist apologetics. ‘You’re making me out like some kind of monster at a racist rally!” we sometimes hear people say. Well, you were just photographed frothing from the mouth and chanting white power and nazi slogans at a racist rally. So I’m going to figure that’s probably you.

Here’s how Cvjetanovic explains his ‘activism’ …

I came to this march for the message that white European culture has a right to be here just like every other culture. It is not perfect; there are flaws to it, of course. However I do believe that the replacement of the statue will be the slow replacement of white heritage within the United States and the people who fought and defended and built their homeland. Robert E Lee is a great example of that. He wasn’t a perfect man, but I want to honor and respect what he stood for during his time.

All I can say to this pathetic little douchenozzle is...

Posted Image

#50 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

More attempted air cover for Trump from one of his flunkies ... who, BTW, STILL hasn't denounced the racist groups. As I said before, his message is loud and clear.

White House homeland security adviser Tom Bossert on Sunday claimed President Donald Trump’s failure to condemn white supremacists after violence broke out at a rally in Charlottesville was because he didn’t want to “dignify” the movement.

“The President not only condemned the violence, and stood up at a time and a moment when calm was necessary, and didn’t dignify the names of these groups of people, but rather addressed the fundamental issue,” Bossert said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Trump on Saturday did not remark on the nature of the rally but called the clashes an “egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides” and called for Americans to “love each other.”

“What you need to focus on is the rest of his statement,” Bossert said.

He called Trump’s comments about love “a fundamental assault on the very nature of the hatred that we’re seeing here.”

I do have to note that McMaster made no bones about calling the attack with an automobile "terrorism". Trump was all about "radical Islamic terrorism" but now he's quiet.

“Any time that you commit an attack against people to incite fear, it is terrorism,” McMaster said on ABC News’ “This Week.”

“It meets the definition of terrorism,” he added. “But what this is, what you see here, is you see someone who is a criminal, who is committing a criminal act against fellow Americans, a criminal act that may have been motivated — and we’ll see what’s turned up in this investigation — by this hatred and bigotry.”

Unfortunately he then weenied out.

McMaster claimed President Donald Trump was “very clear” in his response to the violence.

“We cannot tolerate this kind of bigotry, this kind of hatred,” McMaster said. “And what he did is he called on all Americans to take a firm stand against it.”

Trump in fact declined to condemn white supremacy in his response to the violence. He instead called it an “egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides” and described clashes at the rally as “sad!”

#51 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

The mayor of Charlottesville called Trump out on the carpet. Good for him!

Charlottesville Mayor Michael Signer (D) on Sunday slammed President Donald Trump for his campaign’s “intentional courting” of white supremacist groups and his failure to condemn them in the wake of violence at a rally that left dozens injured.

“Look at the campaign he ran,” Signer said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“Look at the intentional courting, both on the one hand all of these white supremacist, white nationalist groups like that, anti-Semitic groups, and then look on the other hand the repeated failure to step up and condemn, denounce, silence, put to bed all of those different efforts, just like we saw yesterday,” he added. “This is not hard.”

On NBC News’ “Meet the Press,” Signer said Trump’s campaign went “to the gutter.”

“I think they made a choice in that campaign, a very regrettable one, to really go to people’s prejudices,” he said. “I mean, these influences around the country, these anti-Semites, racists, Aryans, KKK, they’re always in the shadows, but, you know, they’ve really been given a key and a reason to come in the light.”

“It’s now on the President and on all of us to say, enough is enough,” he added. “This movement has run its course.”

#52 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30947 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

And here's Josh Marshall explaining that Trump is one of them. No excuses. No avoidance. You can't have people like Bannon, Miller, Gorka, and Sessions (lower key but more effective for decades) in your administration and then say you're not like that.

As we get underway today, a few thoughts on yesterday. In addition to going out of his way not to denounce the white supremacist and neo-nazi marchers yesterday, for those primed to hear it (which is the point) the President made a point of calling out and valorizing the marchers. In his at length on-camera comments, in addition to bromides and calling for people to love each other, Trump noted that we must “cherish our history.”

Here’s the passage …

Above all else, we must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country. We love our God. We love our flag. We’re proud of our country. We’re proud of who we are. So we want to get the situation straightened out in Charlottesville, and we want to study it. And we want to see what we’re doing wrong as a country, where things like this can happen.

My administration is restoring the sacred bonds of loyalty between this nation and its citizens, but our citizens must also restore the bonds of trust and loyalty between one another. We must love each other, respect each other, and cherish our history and our future together. So important. We have to respect each other. Ideally, we have to love each other.

I spent the better part of a decade training as an historian. I’m definitely pro-history. But in context, this is an explicit call-out to the white supremacist and neo-Confederate forces at the march whose calling card is celebrating Southern ‘heritage’ and America’s history as a white country. Zero ambiguity or question about that. And they heard the message. White supremacist leaders cheered Trump’s refusal to denounce them and his valorization of their movement.

Where does this come from? Who knows who wrote this text for Trump. But many of Trump’s most important speeches were written by white nationalist aide Stephen Miller, who came from Jeff Sessions’ senate office. Miller literally worked with Alt-Right leader (he coined the phrase) Richard Spencer on racist political activism when he was in college at Duke (Spencer was a grad student at the time). This isn’t some vague guilt by association. He’s one of them.

When Gabriel Sherman asked what he identifies as a ‘senior White House official’ why the White House didn’t denounce the Nazis in Charlottesville, he got this: “What about the leftist mob? Just as violent if not more so.” Maybe I’ve missed some other background comments out of the White House. But I haven’t heard anything that approaches that level of venom about the nazis or white supremacists. When the top ideologues at Trump’s White House look at yesterday’s spectacle, they instinctively see the counter-protestors as enemies.

Was that official Miller? Who knows? It could have been Bannon or Gorka or frankly a number of others. There are plenty to choose from. That’s the point. This wasn’t resistance to making a conspicuous denunciation or being cute. Those were Trump’s supporters. He recognizes them as supporters, indeed as part of his movement. And he supports them. This is probably largely instinctive on Trump’s part. It’s more ideological and articulate on his aides’ part.

He’s one of them. Let’s stop pretending.

#53 JackD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1904 posts
  • LocationChicago area

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

It's all in the great tradition of the "Southern strategy".

#54 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10254 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostLFC, on 13 August 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

The miserable little puke in one of the earlier photos is the first racist to pull the "I'm not a racist" card.

[...]
All I can say to this pathetic little douchenozzle is...

You can do better than that!

Posted Image
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#55 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13718 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

Posted Image
“Trump’s a stupid man’s idea of a smart person, a poor man’s idea of a rich person & a weak man’s idea of a strong man.”

— Fran Lebowitz

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

— Carl Sagan

Pray for Trump: Psalm 109:8

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#56 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13718 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image
“Trump’s a stupid man’s idea of a smart person, a poor man’s idea of a rich person & a weak man’s idea of a strong man.”

— Fran Lebowitz

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

— Carl Sagan

Pray for Trump: Psalm 109:8

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#57 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5099 posts
  • LocationEarthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanos--oh my!

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostAnBr, on 13 August 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well, if he didn't want to be recognized, he shouldn't have forgotten his hood!
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#58 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5099 posts
  • LocationEarthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanos--oh my!

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

This kind of speaks for itself:

One Group Loved Trump's Remarks About Charlottesville: White Supremacists
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#59 gmat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3391 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

I'm coming around to indy's pov, the more I learn.

Something wasn't right at command level, and cops in the street weren't doing what they're sworn to do.

I will be at city council next week and get some answers

#60 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8098 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

"basket of deplorables"

So right. In more than one way.

I'm sorry people were killed and injured, but perhaps in some way it was valuable this happened. 'They' may deny who they are, but more observers now know what both Trump and his deplorables really are.
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users