11 replies to this topic

#1 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18651 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

What a waste of human skin, still screaming "BENGHAAAAZZZZIIII!!!" for money.

Jason Chaffetz, who recently stepped down from the House of Representatives and into a Fox News gig, wondered why congressional investigators are focusing on Jared Kushner instead of Chelsea Clinton.

Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and White House senior adviser, released an 11-page statement detailing his contacts with Russian officials during the campaign ahead of his closed-door hearing with congressional lawmakers — and Chaffetz echoed President Donald Trump’s recent Twitter complaints.

“Republicans need to get a backbone,” Chaffetz said. “Every time the Democrats say they need to call up Jared Kushner or Don Jr. — call up Chelsea Clinton, call up the Clintons.”

The president tweeted over the weekend that Republicans had not done enough to protect him from the Russia investigation, and suggested Hillary Clinton should instead be the target — which Chaffetz endorsed.

“There we have an inspector general who issues a report stating an actual crime,” Chaffetz said. “You have Bill Clinton, the former president, taking millions and millions of dollars from countries, that Hillary Clinton is going in and then doing business.”

“So every time a Democrat says ‘I gotta talk to Donald Trump Jr.,’ then go up and bring Chelsea Clinton in there,” Chaffetz continued, “because she was involved in the Benghazi situation, she was involved with the (Clinton) Foundation.”

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#2 Practical Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7679 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:10 PM

Lol. Jason Chaffetz couldn't even do that "get paid HUGE after Congressional service" thing right. He was, however, always the loudest and most obnoxious mouth in any room he entered. So maybe he's in the right spot.
Every woman needs a blowtorch.
---Julia Child

--- On September 17, 1787, as Benjamin Franklin was leaving the deliberations of the Constitutional Convention, at Independence Hall, in Philadelphia, a woman called out to him, saying, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?”
“A republic,” Franklin said, “if you can keep it.”

--- LFC, on Gorsuch ruling: "Awesome. A Christianist who swore an oath to uphold the laws of the nation and bore false witness when he did it"

#3 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3963 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

This gig is a lot easier than being an elected official!

#4 Art_Vandelay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Location"Somewhere in Middle America"

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

Jason Chaffetz, Who Bailed Early From Congress, Rips Congress For Bailing Early

Monday morning on Fox Business, former House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz was incensed over the idea that the Senate would leave early with such a lengthy list of things to do.
“It’s infuriating,” Chaffetz said. “[Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell went out in July and touted that the Senate was gonna stay in session through the end of next week. And yet, they adjourned early. And when you have 12 legislative days on the calendar, going through September, and you have to go through the long list you just highlighted how do you go home?”
This seems like a perfectly valid criticism. Congress has, after all, gotten next to nothing accomplished. From health care, to tax reform — no major legislation has passed in the first seven months of the term.
The problem, of course, with Jason Chaffetz’s criticism of the 115th Congress for shirking its duties and leaving early is that Jason Chaffetz was part of the 115th Congress — until he shirked his duties and left early.

#5 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3963 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

View PostArt_Vandelay, on 11 August 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

Yeah but he had to get out. People at town hall meetings weren't nice to him so he went to a Fox studio where no one disagrees with him.

#6 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10546 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

He needed a safe place. I guess Faux fit the bill.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

#7 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9653 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:53 PM

View PostAnBr, on 11 August 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

He needed a safe place. I guess Faux fit the bill.

Unless he wears a dress...

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#8 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10546 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

Well he doesn't.. at least publicly.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

#9 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9653 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

Well, I'm not judging, just noting recent reports show Faux isn't "safe" for those who do.

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#10 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3697 posts
  • LocationEarthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanos--oh my!

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

Well, I wouldn't so much as think of groping him.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#11 andydp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2627 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY near Albany

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

I wonder which bush (as in rooted type) he will be doing remotes from ?
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Rev Martin Luther King Jr.

Obamacare took my guns away and put me in a FEMA reeducation camp.

Anonymous

#12 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9653 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

View Postandydp, on 12 August 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

I wonder which bush (as in rooted type) he will be doing remotes from ?

That's Spicer, no?

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users