No replies to this topic

#1 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9452 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

https://www.attn.com...ck-lives-matter

Larry Krasner, a civil rights attorney and relative political outsider, won the Philadelphia primary election to become the city's Democratic nominee for attorney general on Tuesday. As NPR reported, Krasner is expected to win the general election in November, as Democrats have a 7-1 registration advantage in the city.

"What the Nazis were doing was not describing what was true, but what would have to be true to justify what they planned to do next." — Hannah Arendt in her book The Origins of Totalitarianism

"No nation is permitted to live in ignorance with impunity." Thomas Jefferson: Virginia Board of Visitors Minutes, 1821

“Nixon and his successors hid behind ideology and obscured the contradictions by pursuing a strategy I would call 'no-fault bigotry.'” — William Greider

“It’s not ‘Nation Building’, We are Assisting them in Building their Nation” — Marco Rubio on Iraq

“I should apologize for all of my stories that you wished were true and turned out not to be.” — Andy Borowitz

“Republicans want smaller government for the same reason that crooks want fewer cops: it's easier to get away with murder.” — James Carville

"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics." — Robert A. Heinlein, Postscript, Revolt in 2100

"As long you have racism, as long as you have Islamophobia, as long as you have rampant misogyny, you're going to have the wellsprings of fascist sensibility." Chris Vials

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users