#301 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:00 PM

View PostLFC, on 31 October 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Chris Wallace defends the impeachment hearings. Sooooo, how long does he last?
I've been happily surprised that he's been growing a pair of journalistic cajones of late. Maybe that interview with Jon Stewart years ago has been slowly sinking in. Or he's been reminiscing about his father and wants to make him proud in the afterlife.
"All glory to the HypnoTrump, or else..."

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

#302 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

Tucker Carlson's meltdowns over Rep. Adam Schiff (D-AMERICA, YOU F***ING TRAITORS!) are becoming even less tethered to reality. Maybe his loss of advertisers has him auditioning for a spot at Breitbart or World Nut Daily.

“He has spent years obsessing over impeachment like it was a young Jodie Foster,” Carlson said, referencing John Hinckley, who was infatuated with the actress and attempted to assassinate President Ronald Reagan to impress her.

“Colleagues say he has pictures of impeachment taped to the walls of his bedroom,” Carlson continued. “He’s believed to have written it steamy unhinged letters with his own body fluids. So, for Schiff, today’s vote was thrilling, in ways that only a court-appointed psychiatrist could fully appreciate.”

After turning the ick factor all the way up to eleven, Carlson then played a clip of Schiff plainly stating that the House vote was a “solemn day” and that House Democrats took “no joy” in moving down this road. Carlson said Schiff was just pretending that “it was not the happiest day” of his life.

“‘We take no joy in this,’” Carlson scoffed. “Of all the many lies told at public expense in Washington, D.C., and there are many, that might be the most hilariously brazen of all in at least a generation, for those of you keeping track at home. In fact, for Democrats, impeachment is like winning the lotto on Christmas.”

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#303 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:14 PM

Oh, Faux! Once again you trot out your monkeys to put on a show for even dumber monkeys. (Usual apologies to monkeys.)

On Wednesday night, Fox News personalities Laura Ingraham and Raymond Arroyo tried to downplay the magnitude of the open impeachment investigation hearing by making fun of Ukraine diplomat George Kent’s looks and…how much water he drank.

“Well whomever he looked like, he drank a lot of water, Laura,” Arroyo said while shaking his head. “I mean, fish are not this hydrated.

“Look, he’s always taking-look, throughout the hearing, took slugs from this thing,” he continued over footage of Kent sipping from his Nalgene.

“What is this? Is he on the treadmill?” Ingraham asked. “What is this with the water bottle? Do you guys see that?”

“It’s amazing,” Arroyo commented. “It’s like a medical-sized water tower. It’s a water silo.”

“I though he had hit an oxygen chamber or something,” Ingraham said.

And then they whine when they say people don't take them seriously. DUH!
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#304 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6103 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:38 PM

LFC, on 14 November 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Oh, Faux! Once again you trot out your monkeys to put on a show for even dumber monkeys. (Usual apologies to monkeys.)

And then they whine when they say people don't take them seriously. DUH!

The bullies dunking on the nerds. It's as old as time.

#305 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8097 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

LFC, on 31 October 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

Chris Wallace defends the impeachment hearings. Sooooo, how long does he last?

View Postpnwguy, on 31 October 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

I've been happily surprised that he's been growing a pair of journalistic cajones of late. Maybe that interview with Jon Stewart years ago has been slowly sinking in. Or he's been reminiscing about his father and wants to make him proud in the afterlife.

https://www.yahoo.co...-211744952.html

President Donald Trump lambasted Fox News’ Chris Wallace on Sunday hours after the veteran journalist subjected Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) to a thorny line of questioning about the House’s ongoing impeachment inquiry.

The president tweeted that Scalise, one of his loudest cheerleaders in Congress, “blew the nasty & obnoxious Chris Wallace ... away” during his appearance on “Fox News Sunday.”

“This kind of dumb and unfair interview would never have happened in the @FoxNews past,” Trump wrote, adding that Wallace “will never be his father,” the late journalist Mike Wallace.

tick, tick, tick....
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

#306 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

Rue Bella, on 17 November 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

tick, tick, tick....

Ooooohhhh, yeah.

Fox News host Chris Wallace shut down House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) on Sunday when the Republican leader tried to downplay the public testimonies held last week that detailed President Donald Trump’s Ukraine scheme.

Scalise argued on “Fox News Sunday” that the testimonies of diplomats Bill Taylor, George Kent, and Marie Yovanovitch did not prove Trump had not committed an impeachable offense when he withheld military aid to Ukraine in order to push the Ukrainian government to investigate Joe Biden.

“All three of them were asked by–whether it was John Ratcliffe or whether it was Chris Stewart–all three of them were asked: Did you see any impeachable offenses? Did you see any bribery? Any of that? Not one of those things were mentioned,” Scalise said. “Not one person said they saw a crime committed.”

“Sir, with all due respect, that very badly mischaracterizes what they said,” Wallace responded.

“They were asked–William Taylor, for instance, the acting Ambassador to Ukraine, was asked whether or not these were impeachable offenses. He said ‘I’m there as a fact witness, I’m not there to pass judgment,’” the Fox host continued. “But he made it clear what he thought about what the President was doing.”

Wallace proceeded to play a clip of Taylor’s testimony in which the diplomat described Trump’s scheme as “illogical” and “crazy.”

#307 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:41 PM

I'm starting to wonder if Chris Wallace is angling for a big fat payout and a better job elsewhere.

During the first break in Wednesday’s impeachment hearings—which featured U.S. Ambassador to the EU and million-dollar Trump donor Gordon Sondland implicating President Donald Trump in a quid pro quo with Ukraine—Fox News anchor Chris Wallace declared that Sondland “took out the bus and ran it over” President Donald Trump and a number of his allies and aides.

“I think what Gordon Sondland was trying to do here is protect himself more than he is to protect anybody else,” Wallace said during Fox News’ special coverage.
Advertisement

“To a certain degree, he took out the bus and ran over President Trump, Vice President Pence, Mike Pompeo, John Bolton, Rudy Giuliani, Mick Mulvaney,” he added. “He implicates all of them.”

Besides roundly trashing Trump and Giuliani, the president’s personal attorney, throughout his testimony, Sondland also took aim at the State Department for not offering up any objection to Trumpworld’s efforts to pressure Ukraine to commit to investigations into the president’s political rivals.

“And one of the things, it pains [Sondland] to say, this wasn’t a rogue operation,” Wallace explained. “I wasn’t a freelancer. Everybody knew. Everybody was in the loop on this.”

While Wallace pointed out that Sondland relayed that Trump did not specifically tell him that military aid and a White House meeting were being held up in return for a public announcement of the investigations, “he certainly makes it clear that in the direct conversations he has with the president he saw a conditionality here.”

#308 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:16 PM

Faux News had a black Democratic guest on to talk about Michelle Obama's non-existent plans to run for president. They got more than they bargained for as he brought up white supremacist Tucker Carlson calling white supremacy a hoax, exactly what you'd expect a white supremacist to call it.

Democratic National Committee Vice Chairman Michael Blake tore into Fox News and host Tucker Carlson during a Tuesday morning Fox News interview, directly asking anchor Bill Hemmer why the network still employs Carlson following his infamous claim that white supremacy is a “hoax.”

Brought on to discuss Carlson’s Monday night prediction that former first lady Michelle Obama will eventually be the Democratic presidential nominee, Blake took the opportunity to hijack the goofy premise and blast both the network and Carlson.

“She is not running,” he asserted. “But the core question is why the hell does Tucker Carlson still have a job here in the first place? The reality is this is someone who said white supremacy is a hoax and why does Fox allow him to still be here in the first place?”

Earlier this year and mere days after a white supremacist deliberately targeted Mexicans in the El Paso mass shooting that left 22 dead, Carlson took to his primetime show to claim white supremacy is “not a real problem” and a “hoax,” prompting calls for his firing.

Hemmer, meanwhile, attempted to plow through, asking Blake to respond to Carlson’s opinion about Mrs. Obama throwing her hat in the ring while ignoring the New York assemblyman’s criticisms.

“Not gonna happen,” Blake said about Obama running, before adding: “But I think the core question is he shouldn’t be on here at all.”

“We get it,” Hemmer snapped back. “We didn’t bring you on to talk about Tucker Carlson but to talk about the Democratic field.”

They would go on to talk about the presidential race for the next couple of minutes. The fireworks, however, were not completely over. After Blake took another shot at the network over its rhetoric and coverage, Hemmer stopped him short.

“I didn’t bring you on to bash our network,” the Fox anchor seethed. “With all due respect, why don’t we keep it on topic?”

“But it’s relevant,” Blake retorted.

“No it’s not,” Hemmer fumed. “It is not relevant to the conversation we’re having. Save it for later.”

#309 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8097 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

“I didn’t bring you on to bash our network,” the Fox anchor seethed. “With all due respect, why don’t we keep it on topic?”

“But it’s relevant,” Blake retorted.

“No it’s not,” Hemmer fumed. “It is not relevant to the conversation we’re having. Save it for later.”

Fair and balanced...
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

#310 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:59 PM

White supremacist Putin puffer Tucker Carlson blurts out a steaming pile of disproven lies (usual crap about Biden corruption) but in the heat of the moment accidentally drops a kernel of truth; he doesn't give a shit about Ukraine and backs the Russians in their fight with them. I guess somebody at Faux News with better radar got to him before the end of the program at which point he tried the desperate "it was a joke" ploy.

Fox News host Tucker Carlson openly said on Monday night that he is rooting for Russia in its armed conflict with Ukraine, only to walk it back at the end of the broadcast and say “of course, I’m joking.”

Discussing the impeachment inquiry with former Hillary Clinton adviser Richard Goodstein, the Tucker Carlson Tonight host first insisted that support for impeachment is cratering due to the findings of a single poll.

This prompted Goodstein to note that President Donald Trump’s approval rating is dropping in a GOP-friendly poll while pointing out that 70 percent of respondents in a recent Washington Post survey felt the president did something wrong in the Ukraine scandal.

Carlson, meanwhile, quickly changed the subject to the unsubstantiated allegations that former Vice President Joe Biden and his son were involved in wrongdoing and corruption in Ukraine.

“Trump is being impeached for asking about it. Do you think that’s a little bit weird? Is it your classic case of sort of missing the thread in Washington?” Carlson exclaimed, laughing wildly. “There is open corruption and the guy who points it out is punished.”

Carlson would go on to dismiss concerns over Trump pressuring the Ukrainian president to announce an investigation into his domestic political rivals by dangling military funding, wondering why it was something we should care about.

“Because people are dying on the front lines,” Goodstein exclaimed. Carlson, who has been a vocal skeptic that Russia interfered in the 2016 election and has repeatedly called the Russia investigation a “hoax,” quickly interrupted.

“Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia?!” Carlson shouted without a hint of irony. “And I’m serious. Why do I care? Why shouldn’t I root for Russia? Which I am.”

The Fox News host would continue to mock Goodstein for expressing concern and alarm over Russia, repeatedly saying he doesn’t care what the country does or whether it attacks other nations.

At the very end of his broadcast and after his comments had already made waves on social media, Carlson insisted that this was all just a joke that went over everyone’s heads.

“Before we go, earlier in the show I noted I was rooting for Russia in the contest between Russia and Ukraine,” he said, “Of course, I’m joking. I’m only rooting for America—mocking the obsession many on the left have. Ha!”

Fellow Fox News star Sean Hannity, meanwhile, also helped Carlson sell his claim that he was merely joking with his Russia comment. During the handoff between their shows, Hannity quipped that "Tucker's a communist,” prompting Carlson to smack his desk and break out into a giggling fit.

“I rooted against Russia when it mattered by the way! Russia!!!” Carlson cackled.

Man, this guy is a serious piece of traitorous shit. Which, looking at his performance, is ironic since he's clearly losing his shit. As the mask of semi-respectability he used to have has dropped to somewhere around his ankles he must be feeling like a victim. No shock there. It's what right-wingers do. Playing the victim is in their DNA.

#311 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:59 PM

LFC, on 26 November 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

No shock there. It's what right-wingers do. Playing the victim is in their DNA.
Well of COURSE he's a victim. He's a wealthy white male, perhaps even Christian as well. He is in THE most persecuted group of people in America. Even more so if he owns a gun.

People like Tucker should have a good Navy Seal like Eddie Gallagher protecting him from all of the Antifa, Black Lives Matter activists, and demonic anti-gun homosexuals that want to harm him. If taxes have to increase on the poor and middle class to pay for it, so be it.
"All glory to the HypnoTrump, or else..."

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

#312 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:36 PM

Vox has a piece on Tucker Carlson and who/what he represents on the right. The first part is all about his "joke" comment about rooting for the thugocracy of Russia in it's attack on the Ukrainian democracy. (That joke defense is in itself just a bad joke.)

Basically the GOP has now become the anti-democracy party. We've discussed this before. Democracy hasn't handed them everything they demand so now they want a strongman ... as long as it's their strongman, of course. And when they don't get it (see Obama years) they screech "TYRANNY!!!" These people simply hate America as it was created and want to burn it down to a pile of ashes that they alone rule.

It should be noted that Carlson’s comments about Russia weren’t the only time on Monday’s broadcast that he defended an authoritarian leader. During a segment immediately following his discussion with Goodstein, Carlson defended Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad by questioning whether he was really responsible for committing war crimes against his own people — a position at odds with a mountain of evidence indicating that Assad is in fact responsible.

As former Office of Government Ethics Director Walter Shaub noted in response to Carlson’s comments on Tuesday morning, his open rooting for Russia and defense of Assad alludes to a deep fault line below the surface of modern politics. In the Trump era, it’s not so much liberals versus conservatives, but those who believe in democracy versus those who are, at best, indifferent about Putin-style authoritarianism.

I have to disagree with this line, though. This isn't necessarily "in service of Trump." This is who Carlson is. It's who he's always been though he used to mask it better. The fact that his anti-democratic world view aligns with Trump is just swampy serendipity.

Carlson, of course, has a long history of being criticized for promoting white nationalism, Islamophobia, sexism, and lies in service of Trump.

#313 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 November 2019 - 12:50 PM

Nice comparison of two state propaganda outlets.

#314 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:43 PM

PunditFact, a segment of PolitiFact, has rated 176 statements made on Faux News. 60% come in at Most False (38), False (50), or Pants on Fire (17). Only 38% rank as True (18) or Mostly True(20). They remain fairly imbalanced. The dreaded fake news factory CNN? Not even close.

#315 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6103 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:03 PM

View PostLFC, on 01 December 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

PunditFact, a segment of PolitiFact, has rated 176 statements made on Faux News. 60% come in at Most False (38), False (50), or Pants on Fire (17). Only 38% rank as True (18) or Mostly True(20). They remain fairly imbalanced. The dreaded fake news factory CNN? Not even close.

It all depends on whose "truth" is being used to judge against. We are in a fact free zone...this is beyond partisan...this is alternative universes existing side by side.

#316 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10247 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:52 AM

View PostLFC, on 27 November 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

These people simply hate America as it was created and want to burn it down to a pile of ashes that they alone rule.

I believe there's a quote about that in my .sig
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#317 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30888 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:10 PM

Laura Ingraham is cashing in on some free grift! Sheep gotta' be sheared.

Before hosting a Fox News primetime show, Laura Ingraham was a famous radio host, often referred to as “the most-listened-to woman in America on political talk radio.” But late last year, citing “family life,” the conservative pundit dropped her three-hour-long daily show for a podcast.

A year later, that podcast seems to have quietly disappeared. But Ingraham is still charging listeners for it.

Upon launch, the podcast—produced by PodcastOne, a division of Courtside Entertainment Group, which had aired her radio show since 2013—was set to broadcast three times a week and the show’s description leaned heavily into Ingraham’s status as a conservative talk-radio icon: “You loved her hugely successful radio show and now you can join Laura Ingraham three days a week as she covers politics, pop culture and media bias. And don’t worry—as always, she'll still bring you hard-hitting guests and take your calls.”

Nine months into the show’s existence, Ingraham’s podcast schedule began to slow down: Her broadcast on Sept. 30, featuring former House Speaker Newt Gingrich discussing impeachment, appears to have been her final one.

And yet, on her official website, Ingraham has continued advertising and selling auto-renewable $49.95/year subscriptions for a podcast that apparently no longer exists.

A source close to Ingraham told The Daily Beast in mid-October that they were informed an announcement about the podcast was imminent and that the show would be “coming back.” However, weeks later, no such announcement has been made. It is now more than two months since the last new episode.

Ingraham and her podcast’s executive producer did not respond to The Daily Beast’s multiple requests for comment.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users