3 replies to this topic

#1 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16054 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:44 AM

At least they aren't even pretending anymore.

According to Fox News, pro-journalism slogans like “Journalism Matters” are “anti-Trump.” A Fox & Friends First news report on Tuesday fretted over “newspapers cashing in on t-shirts splashed with anti-President rhetoric,” citing The Washington Post’s “Democracy Dies in Darkness,” the Los Angeles Times’s “Journalism Matters,” and the Chicago Tribune’s “Speaking Truth to Power Since 1847” as examples of “media bias on full display.”

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"Didn't vote for Hillary Clinton? Then you own [insert horrible act here]."

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

#2 Rich T Bikkies

Trainee Basil Fawlty. Practising Victor Meldrew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

Where is America going? It's not that Fox etc. are talking toxic bollocks; it's the number of ordinary Americans, many of them with university degrees, who lap this stuff up. (Raskolnik? And isn't he a teacher at a college, God help us, or something? I have vague memories he let this slip out in a post a year or two back).

I keep saying

SMASH US CULTURAL IMPERIALISM

not entirely in a facetious trolling spirit, but I feel more and more I'm pushing on an open door.

Furthermore, I'm not gloating over you guys; I'm coming reluctantly to the conclusion that there is nothing—absolutely nothing, however low—that Theresa May, the Tory Government and the British Establishment will not stoop to to suck up to Trump in order to preserve the entirely one-sided "special relationship". No matter how ludicrous or toxic the United States of America becomes. What does that say about our moral standing in the world?
Reality is a hallucination caused by alcohol deprivation.

Only Satan can rebuke sin. The righteous don't know enough.

God is not dead. He was merely voted out of office.

You can do anything with anybody if you just save them the trouble of thinking.

#3 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16054 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

I guess America just has the biggest swingin' ... nukes in the world.
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"Didn't vote for Hillary Clinton? Then you own [insert horrible act here]."

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

#4 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8513 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

There was a quote last fall that the Britain and America were in a contest for who could screw-up their countries worse. Brexit gave Britain an early lead, but the U.S. had a Trump card...
Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users