3504 replies to this topic

#41 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Supposedly completely unrelated to Trump but you never know.

In 2012 and again in 2013, federal judges in the U.S. indicted 29-year-old Russian Alexsey Belan on hacking charges. Law enforcement officials hoped the Russians would extradite him.

Instead, they hired him.

The tale is part of the the bombshell indictment the Justice Department announced Tuesday morning alleging that Belan and another hacker worked with two members of the Russian government’s security agency, the FSB, to hack into Yahoo in 2014. That hack was one of the largest data breaches in world history, impacting more than 500 million email accounts.

Belan, as well as alleged co-conspirators Karim Baratov and Dmitry Dokuchaev and Igor Sushchin, were indicted on a total of 47 counts, including computer hacking and economic espionage. It’s the first time Russian government officials have been indicted in the U.S. for cyber crimes.

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#42 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

So we now know that Devin Nunes might have released classified information without clearance to do so when he blurted out something about Trump associations being "incidentally collected." And we have the right-wing media and establishment desperately spinning this into "Trump was vindicated!" (Spoiler Alert: He wasn't. Not even close.) So how did he justify blurting this out? By saying that Trump was "taking a lot of heat" so that made it OK.

"It’s clear that I would be concerned if I was the president, and that’s why I wanted him to know, and I felt like I had a duty and obligation to tell him because, as you know, he’s taking a lot of heat in the news media,” Nunes told Fox News' Sean Hannity.

"I think to some degree there are some things he should look at to see whether in fact the collection was proper or not," Nunes added.

Well I guess that makes it OK. Wait. What's that you're now saying after running to the right-wing media Mr. Nunes?

The office of Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) now concedes that the House Intelligence Committee chair is not sure that the intelligence community ever incidentally collected communications from President Donald Trump or members of his transition team.

"He said he'll have to get all the documents he requested from the [intelligence community] about this before he knows for sure," a Nunes spokesperson told ABC News on Thursday.

This lack of certainty did not stop Nunes from holding two press conferences Wednesday and briefing the White House on the “dozens” of intelligence community reports he said showed U.S. intelligence agencies “incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition," independent of the FBI's investigation into ties between Trump associates and Russian officials.

Your office? You were all mouth just a few days ago. Why did you shunt this backpedal onto your staff?
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#43 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

A great lineup by Vox of just how bizarre and partisan Nunes's actions really were. I would never trust this man with classified information. After describing what happened in 9 distinct steps the article summarized like this:

The House Intelligence chair went public with his own read of raw intelligence transcripts before properly vetting it with his colleagues. He has offered no coherent explanation as to why bypassing normal vetting channels was acceptable behavior, where the information came from, or even what he was thinking this when he decided to do it.

Nunes’s public presentation of this information was also incredibly confusing, done in a way that makes little sense unless he was deliberately trying to obscure the truth about whether the president was wiretapped.

So Nunes appears to have, in a very short amount of time, torched his own credibility in defense of a clearly false tweet sent out by Donald Trump. And he did all of this at a time when the FBI is investigating evidence that the Trump campaign may have coordinated with Russian efforts to undermine the US election — charges that the House Intelligence Committee is, in theory, supposed to be investigating as well.

This is not normal.

#44 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9427 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

This is not normal.

It's not the old normal. That was then, this is now.
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#45 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12967 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

Rep. Devin Nunes's latest stunt could make Trump's Russia problem worse
Pray for Trump: Psalm 109:8

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#46 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

TPM is on FIRE as they desperately try to keep up with the ever worsening Trump Russia corruption scandal. Devin Nunes (R-CA) is proving himself to be a good soldier but a really bad liar. He's being busted left and right. Here's a list of stories they've got up right now on this. The scandal is getting so 3-dimensional that it's tough keeping up with the breadth of individual scandals or the scandal timeline.

We all know now how Nunes ran to the press about some Trumpians supposedly being overheard as an aside in legal wiretapping. After he ran to the press he ran to the Donald. Only later did the rest of House Intelligence Committee find out. Nunes claimed it was an error in judgement. Now things look significantly slimier.

The Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee met a secret source on the White House grounds the day before he went public with hazy, charged allegations that members of Donald Trump's transition team had been picked up by incidental collection of foreign nationals.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) on Monday confirmed to CNN that he clocked time there to view classified information in a secure area in order to “confirm what I already knew.” Nunes said he was not at the White House itself, and it's unclear exactly what building he visited.

He later explicitly told Bloomberg’s Eli Lake that his source was an intelligence official, not a White House staffer, and that their meeting location was chosen out of convenience.

“We don't have networked access to these kinds of reports in Congress," Nunes said. By his account, the intelligence reports he viewed are only distributed on a system within the executive branch, so the White House grounds were the most convenient secure location that had a computer connected to that system.

[snip]

According to reports from the Washington Post and the Daily Beast, on Tuesday evening, Nunes was in an Uber with a communications staffer when he received a brief phone call. He immediately hopped out of the vehicle, ditching his staffer, swapped cars, and departed, according to the reports.

Nunes pushed back on this reporting to CNN, saying "I was in a cab with staff and we dropped them off before I went to my meeting. Anything other than that is just false."

Where exactly Nunes went after taking that call isn't clear, but the Post reported that he did not visit the Director of National Intelligence, FBI or National Security Agency that night.

So it looks like Nunes was given marching orders at the White House but he's furiously tap dancing and saying that we should believe him and not our own lying eyes.

#47 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5587 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

Is Nunes just a favor seeking toady or do the Russians have something on him? Here I am back in fiction land to have to ask such questions.

#48 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

Now Nunes is feeling the heat of his covert actions. Schumer is calling on Ryan to replace him as chair of the committee.

A “credible” investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russian officials cannot happen with Trump ally Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) at the helm, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said Monday.

“[House Intelligence Committee] Chairman Nunes is falling down on the job and seems to be more interested in protecting the President than in seeking the truth,” Schumer said on the Senate floor. “You cannot have the person in charge of an impartial investigation be partial to one side.”

He requested that House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) replace Nunes immediately over his unusual behavior in the past week.

Adam Schiff, the ranking Dem on the committee, is a bit less harsh and is just calling on Nunes to recuse himself since he's obviously destroyed even the remotest fig leaf of credibility.

House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes (R-CA) can no longer lead a credible investigation into Russia’s interference in the U.S. election because of his close ties to the Trump administration and must recuse himself, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) charged Monday night.

"After much consideration, and in light of the Chairman's admission that he met with his source of information at the White House, I believe that the Chairman should recuse himself from any further involvement in the Russia investigation, as well as any involvement in oversight of matters pertaining to any incidental collection of the Trump transition, as he was also a key member of the transition team," the ranking Democrat on the committee said in a statement late Monday.

[snip]

"This is not a recommendation I make lightly, as the chairman and I have worked together well for several years; and I take this step with the knowledge of the solemn responsibility we have on the Intelligence Committee to provide oversight on all intelligence matters, not just to conduct the investigation," Schiff said in the statement.

“I believe the public cannot have the necessary confidence that matters involving the President’s campaign or transition team can be objectively investigated or overseen by the Chairman,” he added.

Nunes said the Dems are being big meanies because he's "effective". That is likely true. He's just effective at being Trump's bitch.

"I’m sure that the Democrats do want me to quit, because they know that I’m quite effective at getting to the bottom of things," Nunes told Fox News' Bill O'Reilly when asked about calls for his recusal.

Now he's taking serious heat from the press. He needs to take lying and evasion lessons from Kellyanne.

House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes (R-CA) was evasive when confronted by reporters Tuesday about his behavior in that role, which committee Democrats have said is too friendly toward the Trump administration.

“Look, I'd like to answer your question, but I’d like to know first what the purpose of that would be,” Nunes told a reporter who asked if he would recuse himself from the committee’s investigation into Trump associates' connections to Russian officials.

“Why that would be? Because someone asks? That's not how it works to me,” he said.

“Why would I not” continue to chair the investigation, he asked rhetorically later. “You’ve got to talk to them, that sounds like their problem,” he said, referring to Democrats who have called on him to step aside.

Even Lindsay Graham is saying Nunes has a credibility problem.

The senator said that Nunes must share the information he received from a secret source with the Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee.

"If he’s not willing to tell the Democrats and Republicans on the committee who he met with and what he was told, then I think he’s lost his ability to lead," Graham said.

"I think he has to repair the damage," the senator added later, arguing that the House committee "is off track and probably can’t get back on track."

#49 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

Now a Democrat on the committee is calling Nunes's behavior out as a cover-up. Well, if it walks like a duck...

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) made that charge on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” after saying that Nunes should “leave this investigation, let alone lead it.”

Nunes admitted Monday that he was meeting with an anonymous source on White House grounds the day before he claimed that President Donald Trump associates’ information had been “incidentally” collected by U.S. intelligence agencies. After making that claim, Nunes went to the White House to brief the President. But he has still not shared evidence to support his claim with the rest of the committee.

“He should be gone,” Swalwell continued. “What we saw was, going over to the White House, he went to receive information that, you know, Joe, we can receive at the Capitol. We have our own secure facility. If this was done the proper way, they could have brought it over, shared it with both parties of the committee. This is done because the White House wanted it to be done. This is what a cover-up to a crime looks like. We are watching it play out right now.”

Swalwell added later: “We were going down this investigative road together until last week. And then our chair took an exit and has driven toward the White House and hasn't come back. That's a problem for people who are counting on us to get to the bottom of it.”

Now it turns out that Nunes is actively blocking the investigation.

Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT), a member of the House Intelligence Committee, confirmed Tuesday morning that the committee's chair, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) has cancelled all of the committee's meetings this week.

During an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," co-host Joe Scarborough said that a spokesperson for a member of the committee told MSNBC that Nunes had cancelled all of the meetings for this week.

"I can confirm that for you," Himes said in response. He said that a Monday night meeting, a public hearing set for Tuesday, and a Thursday meeting were all cancelled.

"Not only has this investigation sort of had a shadow cast on it, but the committee’s been put into suspended animation," Himes said.

#50 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

So what is the Trumpian response to all of this? Donald, of course, throws a temper tweetrum. He's throwing out an old debunked charge against Hillary. I love the smell of Trump desperation in the morning.

Why isn't the House Intelligence Committee looking into the Bill & Hillary deal that allowed big Uranium to go to Russia, Russian speech....
...money to Bill, the Hillary Russian "reset," praise of Russia by Hillary, or Podesta Russian Company. Trump Russia story is a hoax. #MAGA!

Meanwhile Jeff Sessions comes out with a firey speech about sanctuary cities. Is somebody desperate to change the subject?

Perhaps the White House had planned all along for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to make an appearance at today's press briefing to rail against sanctuary cities. But the timing is consistent with what I've long feared will be the impulse for the Trump administration: When the going gets rough (failed Obamacare repeal, low poll numbers, etc), it will fall back on appeals to racism and xenophobia to regain political footing.

With so much incompetence taking root, it's not difficult to envision a scenario where those base appeals must become more amped up, extreme, and scurrilous to be "effective." It threatens to turn into a vicious cycle the likes of which we've never seen in this country.

#51 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12967 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

View PostLFC, on 28 March 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Even Lindsay Graham is saying Nunes has a credibility problem.

And now Trump supporter fmr rep Joe Walsh https://twitter.com/...890204095819776
Pray for Trump: Psalm 109:8

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#52 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

And they may be zeroing in on Nunes's White House source.

Isikoff:

The Schiff statement came as panel staffers speculated on the possible identity of Nunes’ White House source, focusing on Michael Ellis, a lawyer who worked for Nunes on the intelligence panel and who was recently hired to work on national security matters at the White House counsel’s office. A White House official and spokesman for Nunes declined to comment on whether Ellis was involved in providing information to Nunes, as did a spokesman for Schiff. White House press secretary Sean Spicer insisted that White House officials were not aware of Nunes’ secret trip to meet his source and referred all questions to Nunes’ office.

#53 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

Another round-up of Nunes and his subversion of the committee he chairs as he desperately tries to cover for Trump, along with the resulting calls for him to recuse himself or step down. The part I wanted to quote, though, was how much his story has changed since he did Trump's Bannon's (my accusation, not the article's0 bidding and ran to the press. Is suspect Bannon understands quite well that the lie would have more impact than the eventually trickled out truth.

Nunes' story has shifted: he said the president's communications were incidentally collected, then later walked it back to say it was merely possible; then later Nunes said he didn't know if the Trump transition team was surveilled or merely mentioned in intelligence reports. Nunes has denied that his actions were orchestrated by the White House, but then admitted Monday that he had visited the White House grounds, which if not sinister at least gave the appearance of impropriety. The changing story lines add a cloud over Nunes' investigation.

#54 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

It looks like the Trump administration attempted to block Sally Yates, the acting attorney general he fired, from testifying in front of the House Intelligence Committee. Nunes, meanwhile, fluffs Trump yet again. They must be shitting themselves. The stink continues to both spread and rise.

The Trump administration reportedly tried to block Sally Yates, the former acting attorney general who was fired early on in the Trump administration, from testifying before the House Intelligence Committee on Russia’s alleged meddling in the 2016 presidential election. Yates, a holdover from the Obama administration, was fired after she indicated she wouldn’t enforce the Trump administration’s first travel ban. According to The Washington Post, the White House invoked “presidential communication privilege” in order to prevent her testimony. A hearing during which Yates was scheduled to testify was canceled last week by the committee’s embattled chairman, Rep. Devin Nunes. Earlier this year, reports emerged that Yates warned the White House that former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn could be subject to Russian blackmail due to his conflicting accounts of his conversations with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. The White House disputed the Post story, calling it “entirely false” and denying that it tried to block Yates from testifying. Through a spokesman, Nunes said the committee did not communicate with the White House over Yates’ testimony. “The committee asked her to testify on our own accord and we still intend to have her speak to us,” communications director Jack Langer said. Rep. Adam Schiff, the committee’s ranking member, issued a statement on Tuesday saying it is unclear “whether the White House’s desire to avoid a public claim of executive privilege to keep [Yates] from providing the full truth on what happened contributed to the decision to cancel today’s hearing.” He encouraged the administration to allow Yates to appear before the committee.

#55 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

Sorry for the seemingly endless stream of posts but this story has more legs than a centipede and it's running at full tilt. It appears that Devin Nunes may have cancelled the committee's hearings to keep Sally Yates from testifying. So off to Trumpland, press conference, run back to Trumpland, cancel hearings, then (and only then) apologize to the committee for an "error in judgement." Oh, yeah. And continue to keep the source and details of the secret information that founded what you blurted out to the press hidden from the rest of the committee. (Here's some bonus floundering by Nunes in front of the press in case you care to read even more.) Nunes is obviously part of the Team Trump cover-up. I expect this to only get uglier.

The mysterious “midnight run” by Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) on the White House grounds last week was ploy to keep former acting attorney general Sally Yates from testifying about the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia, according to a former top official with the CIA and the Department of Defense.

Nunes, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee that’s investigating the Russian ties, abruptly canceled this week’s hearings as questions swirled around his visits to the White House to pick up intelligence related to the probe and then brief President Donald Trump on the findings.

The House panel was scheduled to hear from Yates on Tuesday, as well as former President Barack Obama’s former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and former CIA Director John Brennan.

Jeremy Bash, the former chief of staff at Defense Department and CIA under Obama, said Nunes concocted the stunt to shut down the testimony of Yates — who Trump fired for refusing to enforce his travel ban, and after she expressed concern about former national security adviser Michael Flynn’s communications with the Russian ambassador.

“The real story, the real issue here, is not so much about the midnight run by the chairman onto the White House grounds, it’s really that they wanted to cancel the hearing this week,” Bash told MSNBC’s Brian Williams.

“The hearing this week was going to hear from Sally Yates, the former acting attorney general, and I’m told that she had some very interesting things to tell the committee, to tell the public about when she told the White House counsel that Mike Flynn had, in fact, been lying to the vice president,” Bash continued. “She was only going to be able to speak those things in the context of a congressional hearing, and so the White House and the chairman needed to shut her down. This was an elaborately choreographed gag order on Sally Yates.”

#56 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

Nunes's blatant interference with the investigation of the Trump administration's Russia connections won't stop Sally Yates from testifying because the Senate has held on to a bit of its patriotism.

Sally Yates, the former acting attorney general, will testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee about Russian interference in the election.

The Obama appointee was blocked from testifying before the House Intelligence Committee after its chairman, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), canceled this week’s hearings, where Yates had been scheduled to appear.

Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA), the committee’s vice chairman, told CNN that Yates would testify before a Senate panel even if she did not appear before the House committee.

#57 Traveler

Rambling Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13030 posts
  • LocationPhilly Area

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Be interesting to see if the two investigations diverge, or converge? I am perplexed that this sort of behavior is even tolerated.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."-- Winston Churchill
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" Voltaire

#58 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

RawStory has a piece entitled An exhaustive timeline of the Trump-Russia connections — starting from 1979. This guy is in so deep it's ridiculous.

#59 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27887 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

Spicey has a meltdown in front of the White House Press Corps. In full, though the link has video. I'm ready to send him the t-shirt that says "Some Days It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through the Restraints."

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer snapped at reporters on Tuesday for pressing him about investigations into Russia’s involvement in the 2016 U.S. election.

Spicer’s objection came after American Urban Radio Correspondent April Ryan asked Spicer how the administration would move past the scandals plaguing President Donald Trump.

“How does this administration try to revamp its image?” she wondered. “Two and a half months in, you’ve got this [Sally Yates] story today, you’ve got other things going on. You’ve got Russia, you’ve got wiretaps…”

“No!” Spicer interrupted. “We don’t have that!”

“You’ve got investigations on Capitol Hill,” Ryan pointed out.

“I get it,” Spicer replied. “I’ve said it from the day that I got here until whenever that there is no connection. You’ve got Russia! If the president puts Russian salad dressing on his salad tonight, somehow that’s a Russian connection.”

Ryan protested but Spicer continued: “I appreciate your agenda here but the reality is… at some point, report the facts! The facts are that every single person who has been briefed on this subject has come away with the same conclusion.”

“I’m sorry that that disgusts you,” he added. “You’re shaking your head. I appreciate it but understand this, that at some point, the facts are what they are. And every single person who has been briefed on this situation with respect to the situation with Russia — Republican, Democrat, Obama appointee, career [employees] — have all come to the same conclusion. At some point, April, you’re going to have to take no for an answer with respect to whether or not there was collusion.”

Spicer went on to accuse Ryan of being “hell bent” on pursuing her own agenda.

“Stop shaking your head again,” he said.

#60 HockeyDon

Mind blown...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3651 posts
  • LocationNew Britain, CT

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

I'm sure many, many correspondents are taught early on in their training that when an interview subject insists on imploding on-air, let them.

Oh, and don't apologize for your string of posts. Even though I've pulled back considerably from posting, I still read quite a bit of the stuff and really appreciate the highlights.
Well, fuck.

How can I be expected to distinguish BS from reality when so much of my reality is utter BS?!

"There seems to be a lot of people dying of ignorance while living in the information age." my sister-in-law.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users