How do you block or hide a member's posts?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9448 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:40 AM

I recall there was an ignore option, but don't see it where I expect to find the option.
Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#2 cmk

Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7497 posts
  • LocationBennington, VT, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

At the top right, click the down-arrow next to your ID. Choose "My Settings" then "Ignore Preferences" from the menu on the left.
Charles M. Kozierok - Administrator, TalkRadioSucks.com

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." -- Herbert Spencer

"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position." -- Bill Maher

"Our new Government['s] foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition." -- Alexander Stephens, Vice-President of the Confederacy

#3 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9448 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:44 AM

Thanks! I can't deal with our hot-and-run troll right now.

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#4 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10298 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:11 PM

"hot-and-run troll"????
"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

#5 Banty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5067 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

AnBr, on 10 November 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

"hot-and-run troll"????

??
"It can happen here. It is happening here. No election has been more important in my lifetime." - Andrew Sullivan, 7/21/2016
It did happen here. - Banty 11/9/2016

#6 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10298 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

Never mind. I found out. I just hit this thread first.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

#7 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9448 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:24 PM

"Hit and run" in iPhonetics.

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!