3814 replies to this topic

#3801 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28142 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:09 PM

Trump regrets ever having named Sessions as AG. He likes Barr who brings Trumpsucking to a whole new level.

President Donald Trump told MNSBC reporter Chuck Todd that if he could have one do-over in his presidency, it would’ve been not choosing Jeff Sessions to be his attorney general.

In a pre-taped interview that aired on Sunday morning, Todd asked Trump what he would’ve done differently as president in retrospect.

“It would be personnel,” Trump replied. “I would say if I had one do-over, I would not have appointed Jeff Sessions to be attorney general.”

Trump praised his current attorney general, Bill Barr, as a “fine man” who’s done a “spectacular job.”

“I think he feels that what’s happened in this country was a very bad thing and very bad for our country,” Trump said, likely referring to special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

Faux News airhead, Trump sycophant, and general danger to the nation Jeanine Pirro relentlessly attacked Sessions. It turns out it's because he blocked her from being given a job at the DOJ that I'm sure she was eminently unqualified to hold.

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro has a well-documented, tight relationship with President Trump, stemming from a 25-year-long friendship.

According to a new Washington Post profile on her past and present ties to the President, Trump took that friendship to a new level when he tried to get the Fox News personality a job under ex-Attorney General Jeff Sessions in the Justice Department. According to senior administration officials who spoke to the Post, Pirro was hellbent on getting the gig and pressed aggressively for it.

Sessions ultimately stepped in and stopped her from getting the job. And she in turn used her platform at Fox News to pummel the attorney general as the the most “dangerous person” in the U.S. over his recusal from the Russia probe.

Some of Trump’s most brutal attacks on his “beleaguered” attorney general may have stemmed from conversations he had with Pirro as well. In 2017, Pirro and Trump reportedly met in the Oval Office to discuss the possibility of investigating Hillary Clinton. Sessions wasn’t interested and two days later Trump railed against his attorney general.

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#3802 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5655 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

Why is Trump receiving airtime with these waste of time interviews with Chuck Todd and even Stephanopoulos? It just gives Trump the time to repeat and rehash his grievances, offers nothing new, and gives him the attention he craves. There is no value to any of it.

#3803 JackD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • LocationChicago area

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:10 AM

Actually, the Trump interviews may be helpful given his tendency to shoot from the hip and admit things he later regrets. At least it exposes him directly unlike the silly dissembling and bloviating of KelleyAnn and Sarah. I've long advocated no coverage for those two.

#3804 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28142 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostJackD, on 25 June 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

At least it exposes him directly unlike the silly dissembling and bloviating of KelleyAnn and Sarah. I've long advocated no coverage for those two.

I couldn't disagree more. I've advocated this kind of coverage for both of them on a 24-7 basis.

Posted Image
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#3805 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2129 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:44 AM

Actually, the Trump interviews may be helpful given his tendency to shoot from the hip and admit things he later should regret.

Minor correction. We have to make him regret at the ballot box.

I haven't yet seen any of the Democratic candidates reach political form to inspire confidence. Thankfully, it's not mid-season yet. Still plenty of time to get in to shape. We need 5 - 7 of these candidates competing. The rest are a nuisance. Drop the fuck off! If Bill De Blasio thinks his Presidential run is going to land him some place nicer than he would normally without a run, he's badly mistaken. Joe Sestak? Really! Who's paying for his campaign?

#3806 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5655 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:09 PM

Actually, the Trump interviews may be helpful given his tendency to shoot from the hip and admit things he later regrets. At least it exposes him directly unlike the silly dissembling and bloviating of KelleyAnn and Sarah. I've long advocated no coverage for those two.

People don't care that he shoots from the hip and later contradicts himself. They've tuned it all out as just political noise and a conveniently cynical attitude that all politicians lie and spin and flip flop all the time. I don't know what it will take to get people to notice that Trump has gone way beyond what a "normal" politician does.

#3807 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7840 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:48 PM

GV said:

People don't care that he shoots from the hip and later contradicts himself. They've tuned it all out as just political noise and a conveniently cynical attitude that all politicians lie and spin and flip flop all the time. I don't know what it will take to get people to notice that Trump has gone way beyond what a "normal" politician does.

A couple years ago Trump said:

"You know what else they say about my people? The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible," Trump said.

And sadly he was right.
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

No longer politically correct

#3808 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1703 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:12 PM

View PostRue Bella, on 25 June 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

GV said:

A couple years ago Trump said:

And sadly he was right.
"Make America Germany Great Again"

Trumpland, Trumpland, Über Alles
"All glory to the HypnoTrump, or else..."

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

#3809 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28142 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:33 PM

Best people? Oh, you said BEAST people.

A State Department official in charge of diplomatic protocol won’t be attending the G-20 summit in Japan this week amid a potential probe into him toting a whip around the office.

Chief of Protocol Sean Lawler has been “suspended indefinitely” pending the conclusion of an investigation and now plans on resigning from his post, according to Bloomberg and NBC News.

A source told Bloomberg that Lawler faces a potential inspector general investigation into his behavior, which includes “intimidating staff and carrying a whip in the office.” NBC reports that a number of personnel in Lawler’s office had “resigned in protest” due to his “management and behavior.”

#3810 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28142 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:34 PM

I guess Trump isn't as happy with Faux News anymore. Now he's tapping Breitbart.

Michelle Moons, Breitbart’s White House correspondent, has reportedly been hired to work at the White House.

According to CNN, Moons will join the White House’s Domestic Policy Council.

She’ll be the third former employee from the far-right news organization to join the Trump White House. Former Breitbart editor Julia Hahn serves as the administration’s director of surrogate and coalition communications, and former Breitbart owner Steve Bannon worked closely with President Donald Trump as his campaign manager and later his senior adviser.

#3811 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28142 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:37 PM

Acosta is gone.

Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta has resigned, President Trump told reporters alongside Acosta on Friday morning.

Trump told reporters that Acosta called him Friday morning and the move was Acosta’s decision. Acosta told reporters he thought it would be “selfish” for him to remain as a secretary and criticized the media for its coverage of the Labor Department in recent days.

“As I look forward, I do not think it is right and fair for this administration’s Labor Department to have Epstein as the focus, rather than the incredible economy that we have today,” Acosta said. “It would be selfish for me to stay in this position and continue talking about a case that 12 years old.”

Acosta’s resignation will be effective next Friday. Deputy Secretary of Labor Patrick Pizzella will serve as acting secretary, Trump said.

#3812 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28142 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

Kellyanne can't be bothered to talk to Congress about her lawbreaking. Apparently breaking the law on behalf of the administration is covered by executive privilege.

White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway defied the House Oversight Committee’s subpoena on Monday by refusing to show up to a hearing about her alleged Hatch Act violations.

Pat Cipollone, President Donald Trump’s counsel, explained Conway’s absence in a letter to Oversight Committee chair Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) by citing “constitutional immunity.”

Cipollone argued that Conway “cannot be compelled to testify before Congress with respect to matters related to her service as a senior adviser to the President,” which is why Trump “has directed Ms. Conway not to appear at the Committee’s scheduled hearing.”

Cummings blasted Cipollone’s claim as “completely baseless” in a statement.

“We are not requiring her to testify about advice she gave the President or about the White House’s policy decisions,” Cummings said. “We are requiring her to testify before Congress about her multiple violations of federal law, her waste of taxpayer funds, and her actions that compromise public confidence in the integrity of the federal government.”

In fact she and Sean Hannity think it's sooooo funny!

Kellyanne Conway remains unbothered by accusations from the Office of Special Counsel that she repeatedly violated the Hatch Act in media interviews.

During an appearance on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show Monday evening, Conway and Hannity shared a couple laughs about the allegations and Hannity even addressed her insouciant demeanor.

“I don’t think you look too worried. I’ve known you for many years, you’ve been on the show many years, you don’t look particularly concerned,” he said, before jokingly suggesting that the only thing she’s “guilty” of is being on President Trump’s team.

Republicans, killing democracy one corrupt act after another.

#3813 JackD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • LocationChicago area

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

Kelly Anne should be paid no attention. She is an irrelevant blemish on the face of the country.

#3814 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28142 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:23 PM

The only explanation for this I can muster is that Trump would love nothing more than for Americans to die in a terrorist attack to help him in 2020. This isn't a bug in this administration, it's a feature.

Over the past two years, the Trump administration has cut back and dismantled multiple programs that have worked to aid in the detection and prevention of terrorism involving weapons of mass destruction since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, according to a new investigation from the Los Angeles Times. The programs at the Department of Homeland Security were primarily responsible for helping find and prevent potential biological, radiological, chemical, and nuclear domestic threats. “We’re not as secure as we were 18 months ago,” said Paul Ryan, a retired Navy rear admiral who helped lead the department’s Domestic Nuclear Detection Office until mid-2017. Ryan’s office has since been merged with another office. According to the Times, the cutbacks have come at the direction of James F. McDonnell, who was appointed by Trump in 2018 to serve as the assistant secretary for the DHS’s Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office.

#3815 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28142 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 July 2019 - 12:25 PM

Samantha Bee on Kellyanne. Awesome.

Samantha Bee didn’t have time to cover all of President Trump’s recent “racisms,” instead choosing to zero in on his demand that four freshmen Congresswomen of color go back to the countries “from which they came.”

“Sadly, the only thing that should surprise anyone is that he wrote ‘from which they came’ to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition,” the Full Frontal host joked. “Way to go, Shakespeare, now return your head to the orifice from which it came.”

“Of course, it wasn't long before spokes-golem Kellyanne Conway leapt to his defense by somehow sounding more racist than her boss,” Bee continued before playing the clip of the White House counselor literally responding to a reporter’s question with, “What’s your ethnicity?”

“Fun fact,” Bee said, “that's also how she answers the phone.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users