#1681 Bact PhD

Frustrated, Thoughtful Independent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1066 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

Progressive whisperer, on 24 July 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Next reset will involve the spokesperson publicly fellating Dump at the podium.
Eeww...luckily that visual was only fleeting...but still, eeeeewwww...
Politics these days is show business. Elections are Dancing with the Stars with consequences. ~Rue Bella

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816. ME 14:384, via LFC, 12/1/2016

Competent people go in one of a few directions. But incompetence is infinite. ~David Brooks, NY Times

#1682 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8810 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

Some excellent points, re: Health Care in danger, the GOP plan to gut the CBO, Dump's horrific appearance before the Boy Scouts...

https://mobile.twitt...oneyblog.com%2F

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#1683 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8810 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Bact PhD, on 24 July 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

Eeww...luckily that visual was only fleeting...but still, eeeeewwww...

That's how I feel at every report about the occupier of the White House; every picture, every mention of his name... that, dozens of times daily.

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#1684 cmk

Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7254 posts
  • LocationBennington, VT, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

View PostProgressive whisperer, on 25 July 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

That's how I feel at every report about the occupier of the White House; every picture, every mention of his name... that, dozens of times daily.

That's why I dropped out. You'd be amazed at how much your life improves when you no longer spend so much time every day feeling angry, frustrated and despondent.
Charles M. Kozierok - Administrator, TalkRadioSucks.com

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." -- Herbert Spencer

"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position." -- Bill Maher

"Our new Government['s] foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition." -- Alexander Stephens, Vice-President of the Confederacy

#1685 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8810 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

I refrained from polluting the bird thread, but when you noted that humans and chimps differ by less than 1% DNA, my first thought was "as demonstrated by last November."

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#1686 Traveler

Rambling Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11055 posts
  • LocationPhilly Area

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

Hi there Charles! First time back in a week for me. Always fun to see the crew. I am too busy to feel despondent. And its fun to watch the evolving leaks.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."-- Winston Churchill
"We never threaten anyone. We just explain the situation." Russian spokesman

#1687 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostProgressive whisperer, on 25 July 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

I refrained from polluting the bird thread, but when you noted that humans and chimps differ by less than 1% DNA, my first thought was "as demonstrated by last November."

I bet the chimps find this comparison extremely annoying. They can't choose their cousins but they're thankful for that 1% difference.

#1688 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8810 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

Probabilistic, on 25 July 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

I bet the chimps find this comparison extremely annoying. They can't choose their cousins but they're thankful for that 1% difference.

You must admit the shrieking and poo-flinging are similar...

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#1689 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostProgressive whisperer, on 25 July 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

You must admit the shrieking and poo-flinging are similar...

Yes, all in good fun, never maliciously.

Why do chimpanzees fling their poo?

This behavior is seen in captive primates and not, to my knowledge, reported from wild primates. Primates, especially chimpanzees, have a natural tendency to experiment with manual manipulation of objects in their environment, primarily for foraging purposes but also for social display. Captive primates are often deprived of the full diversity of objects that they would encounter in the wild, but feces are always present. Bored primates soon learn that flinging feces elicits a dramatic response from the humans outside the cage and that response is a strong reinforcement for a socially starved animal.

#1690 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts
  • LocationEarthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanos--oh my!

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

So maybe they (administration and supporters) just need a good grooming session in a supportive social group?
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#1691 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8810 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Probabilistic, on 25 July 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Yes, all in good fun, never maliciously.

Why do chimpanzees fling their poo?

Same reason the GOP does it then...

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#1692 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16579 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

"The Mooch" is a perfect fit for the Trump administration in so many ways. He lies, he's incompetent, and he can't accept responsibility, the Trump Trifecta ™! In full:

For the past few days, Scaramucci has told nearly every reporter who will listen that he intends to crack down on leaks coming from the dozens of comms staffers in the Trump White House. He's threatened to “fire everybody” who violates his leak prohibition, insisting that it will bring order to a disorderly operation.

Meanwhile, inside the White House, assistant press secretary Michael Short has for months been accused by colleagues of being one of several “Reince [Priebus] loyalists” who routinely leaks to the press -- internal sniping that Short has repeatedly and vehemently denied.

So it wasn’t a terrible surprise on Tuesday morning to see Politico publish an article in which Scaramucci announced his plan to sack Short. Except, Trump’s new comms chief never actually gave Short a heads-up. According to multiple sources in the White House, Short and many of his colleagues learned of Scaramucci’s decision to axe him via the press, Twitter, and frantic texts.

Later Tuesday morning, Short was telling reporters that “no one has told me anything and [that] the entire premise [of the story] is false.” By early afternoon, he had announced he was in fact leaving the White House.

Scaramucci blamed the press.

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"Didn't vote for Hillary Clinton? Then you own [insert horrible act here]."

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

#1693 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3548 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostTraveler, on 25 July 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

Hi there Charles! First time back in a week for me. Always fun to see the crew. I am too busy to feel despondent. And its fun to watch the evolving leaks.

Can't say it's fun but it is definitely intriguing. I just hope we as a country learn something from this spectacle.

#1694 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6337 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

View Postcmk, on 25 July 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

That's why I dropped out. You'd be amazed at how much your life improves when you no longer spend so much time every day feeling angry, frustrated and despondent.

We just spent three weeks camping and playing with the grandbaby. Must say it felt wonderful.
The buck stops here; the rest is someone else's problem.
The purpose of "defense spending" isn't "defense," it's "spending."
First they came for the Muslims, and we said "Not this time, motherfucker!"
Our Party! In her relations with other Americans may she always be in the right; but Our Party, right or wrong!

#1695 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3548 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostD. C. Sessions, on 25 July 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

We just spent three weeks camping and playing with the grandbaby. Must say it felt wonderful.

And it turns out that not much has changed in that time? A few more details but nothing that changes your overall impression of the situation?

#1696 D. C. Sessions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6337 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

View Postgolden_valley, on 25 July 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

And it turns out that not much has changed in that time? A few more details but nothing that changes your overall impression of the situation?

Not really -- it's like watching a chess game where you can't see the board.
Our Party! In her relations with other Americans may she always be in the right; but Our Party, right or wrong!

#1697 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

View Postbaw1064, on 25 July 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

So maybe they (administration and supporters) just need a good grooming session in a supportive social group?

They're already a bunch of circle jerks.

#1698 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8810 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:57 PM

Probabilistic, on 25 July 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

They're already a bunch of circle jerks.

They are horrible enough without seeing them eat lice from one another's backs...

Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#1699 D. C. Sessions

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6337 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:01 PM

View PostProgressive whisperer, on 25 July 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

They are horrible enough without seeing them eat lice from one another's backs...

Better that than the various alternatives.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users