Why do they hate Obama?

45 replies to this topic

#41 Hollister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

I live in Texas and I've found the older folks [70s on] despise President Obama whether they're Democrats or Republicans because in their words "we gotta get rid of that n*gger." We're in construction so we have the opportunity to talk to a lot of different folks and one of our regular customers who is/was a Democrat and loved Bill Clinton turns into Dr Jekyl when talking about the President. The first time I heard her call him a n*gger my jaw hit the floor. :shock: I asked her who was out there that could do a better job and she said anybody but Obama. I could understand it if she hated the job he was doing or gave a good reason for not supporting him other than the color of his skin. As it stands I've lost all respect for her and find it very hard to talk to her...about anything.

It's obvious racists whether Dem or Repub put their hate before everything else and where I live that seems to be one of the major deciding factors in the 2012 Presidential election.

#42 Morrisminor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

t3rse said:

Like others, I'm a long time FF lurker. I consider myself a moderate with conservative leanings. As many have attested, I am usually taken aback by the amount of vitriol and outright hatred the mention of Obama can stir up in people. A simple example from less than an hour ago: a coworker shares a birthday with MLK and I admitted that I share my birthday with Obama. The response was a sneer and disgust. This, for the mention of a birthday of all the trivial things in the world.

In my mind, as mentioned by others, the chief culprit is talk radio. I find when talking to people that the more talk radio they listen to, the less there is an existence of truth or a balance of ideals versus blatant contempt or a battle against "evil." I remember one conversation including a comparison of Obama and Hitler. The fact that the two can be so easily grouped together in the minds of some points in my mind to an erosion of values and education that happens over time when one listens to a Limbaugh, Beck, Mike Church or other talk radio entertainer.

I'm sure many can attest to experiences like mine. It puts me in the awkward position of "defending" Obama even though there are many, many policies from his administration with which I disagree. I guess a good example of this is when I tried to point out that in order to place Obama and Hitler on the same level one would have to throw out the evidence of history as well as judgement... which made me an Obama supporter and "marxist" collaborator.
Same as I. I am no Obama fan, didn't even vote for him. But the right wing scum literally foam at the mouth with no paranoid doomsday fantasy deemed outrageous

#43 cmk

Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7552 posts
  • LocationBennington, VT, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

Just wanted to toss out a quick welcome to t3rse and Hollister. Glad to have you aboard!
Charles M. Kozierok - Administrator, TalkRadioSucks.com

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." -- Herbert Spencer

"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position." -- Bill Maher

"Our new Government['s] foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition." -- Alexander Stephens, Vice-President of the Confederacy

#44 Hollister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

cmk said:

Just wanted to toss out a quick welcome to t3rse and Hollister. Glad to have you aboard!

Thanks, cmk. Good to be here.

#45 t3rse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

+1 Thanks cmk, great community!

#46 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Great comments all. I think we managed to get some of the best minds from the FF posters here, with an existing base of thoughtful contributors.

I'll relate a news coverage observation from last week. I was reading the Google news feed from various sources, at the time the administration was announcing plans to shrink several agencies into one that deal with trade and commerce. It will take congressional approval in order to rearrange the various departments under one cabinet secretary.

Most of the "MSM" sources had headlines that explained this consolidation for efficiency. You would figure conservatives would want to crow about an effort to shrink government and make agencies more responsive to business needs. But the FoxNews headline screamed "Obama To Seek More Power From Congress". That's the kind of spin they excel at, non-stop.

I'm reminded about the old joke example about Pravda, the former Soviet news propaganda newspaper. If the US beat the Russians in a basketball game, the headlines on Pravda would be "Soviets Take Second Place", followed by "US Finishes Next To Last". Roger Ailes would have been an outstanding editor-in-chief at Pravda.
"All glory to the HypnoTrump, or else..."

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users