US law professor claims Ebola could have escaped from US biowarfare labs

41 replies to this topic

#1 dsp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3654 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

Striving to keep the eye-roll inducing, mockery-eliciting dsp'ish material off of Rue's thread...

First, some bookkeeping. Francis A. Boyle is a new name to me. Boyle teaches law at the University of Illinois. His Wikipedia entry is here. He is the author of the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 and the book Biowarfare and Terrorism (2005).

Boyle was interviewed on October 16th.

US government agencies are supposed to do defensive biological warfare research in these labs. Is there any information about what are they working on?

Boyle: Well, that’s what they tell you. But if you study what the CDC and the Pentagon do… They say it is defensive, but this is just for public relation purposes than anything. It’s a trick. What it means is what they decide at these bio-warfare labs. They say, “well we have to develop a vaccine”, so that’s their defensive argument. Then what they do is to develop the bio-warfare agent itself. Usually by means of DNA genetic engineering. And then they say, “well to get the vaccine we have to develop the bio-warfare agent” - usually by DNA genetic engineering - and then they try to work on the vaccine. So it’s two uses type of work. I haven’t read all these bio-warfare contracts but that’s typical of the way the Pentagon CDC has been doing this since at least the 1980’s. I have absolute proof from a Pentagon document that the Center of Disease Control was doing bio-warfare work for the Pentagon in Sierra Leone, the heart of the outbreak, as early as 1988. And indeed it was probably before then because they would have had to construct the lab and that would have taken some time. So we know that Fort Detrick and the Center for Disease Control are over there, Tulane University, which is a well-known bio-warfare center here in USA - I would say notorious for it - is there. They all have been over there.

In addition, USA government made sure that Liberia, a former colony of the USA, never became a party to the Biological Weapons Convention, so they were able to do bio – warfare work over there - going back to 1980’s - the USA government, in order to circumvent the Biological Weapons Convention. Likewise, Guinea the third state affected here - and there is an increase now – didn’t even sign the Biological Weapons Convention. So, it seems to me, that the different agencies of the US government have been always there try to circumvent the Biological Weapons Convention and engage bio-warfare work. Indeed, we had one of these two lab bio-warriors admit in the NY Times that they were not over there for the purpose of either screening or treating people. That’s not what these labs are about. These labs are there in my opinion to do bio-warfare work for different agencies of the US government. Indeed, many of them were set up by USAID. And everyone knows that USAID is penetrated all up and down by the CIA and CIA has been involved in bio-warfare work as well.

Are we being told the truth about Ebola? Is that big outbreak began all of a sudden? How does it spread so quickly?

Boyle: The whole outbreak that we see in the west coast of Africa, this is Zaire/Ebola. The most dangerous of five subtypes of Ebola. Zaire/Ebola originated 3500 km from the west coast of Africa. There is absolutely no way that it could have been transmitted 3500 km. And if you read the recently published Harvard study on the DNA analysis of the west Africas’ Zaire/Ebola there is no explanation about how the virus moved there. And indeed, it’s been reported in the NY Times that the Zaire/Ebola was found there in 1976, and then WHO ordered to be set to Porton Down in Britain, which is the British equivalent to Fort Detrick, where they manufacture all the biological weapons for Britain. And then Britain sent it to the US Center for Disease Control. And we know for a fact that the Center for Disease Control has been involved in biological warfare work. And then it appears, at least from whatever I’ve been able to put together in a public record, that the CDC and several others US bio-warriors exported Zaire/Ebola to west Africa, to their labs there, where they were doing bio-warfare work on it. So, I believe this is the origins of the Zaire/Ebola pandemic we are seeing now in west Africa.

Why would they do that?

Boyle: Why would they do that? As I suggested to try to circumvent the Biological Weapons Convention to which the US government is a party. So, always bio-warriors do use offensive and defensive bio-warfare work, violating the Biological Weapons Convention. So effectively they try to offshore it into west Africa where Liberia is not a party and Guinea is not a party. Sierra Leone is a party. But in Sierra Leone and Liberia there were disturbances which kept the world from really paying attention of what was going on in these labs.

Some experts told recently the Forbes magazine that even ISIS could use Ebola as a biological weapon. I would like to have your comment on that.

Boyle: This is total propaganda. These people are trying to distract public opinion from the fact. My opinion is that the origins of the current pandemic came out of the USA bio-warfare labs in west Africa. That’s what is going on here. ISIS has nothing to do with this. That’s just propaganda which is trying to scare and distract public attention away of what really is going on here. They doing the same thing here in USA. That’s what we need to concentrate on. Number one. And number two? We have to find out: was this Zaire/Ebola GMOed by either Porton Down or CDC or these US bio-warfare labs? It is far more dangerous than it currently appears. That’s the real issue. And I don’t have an answer to that question. It was the US government labs that research here. I’m not saying that Ebola was released deliberately by these labs. I have no evidence to that. It could have escaped. But this is really what we need to be focusing on. Not ISIS. It’s ridiculous, it’s preposterous.

Full interview here: Ebola could have escaped from US biowarfare labs

#2 indy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9389 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

View Postdsp, on 20 October 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

Striving to keep the eye-roll inducing, mockery-eliciting dsp'ish material off of Rue's thread...

Well then, mission accomplished.

#3 Ari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:34 PM

This is the same guy who accused George W. Bush of being behind the anthrax attacks on Tom Daschle and Pat Leahy in the early 2000s.

http://warisacrime.org/node/24273

#4 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8190 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

Sounds like an 'anything to get my name in the newspaper' kind of guy.

I appreciate you keeping this out of the on-going ebola thread, though a bit of comic relief is not always a bad thing.
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

#5 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10233 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

View PostAri, on 20 October 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

This is the same guy who accused George W. Bush of being behind the anthrax attacks on Tom Daschle and Pat Leahy in the early 2000s.

http://warisacrime.org/node/24273

Wow, so not a RWNJ, just a "free range" nut case with a thing about bio-warfare research and looking for a payday I suppose. Been a long haul since he Anthrax scare.
Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#6 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32252 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:23 AM

All I read was the title of this post and instantly guessed the author. Do I get a prize?
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#7 HockeyDon

Mind blown...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3776 posts
  • LocationNew Britain, CT

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

Sure. Gold star for your helmet.
Well, fuck.

How can I be expected to distinguish BS from reality when so much of my reality is utter BS?!

"There seems to be a lot of people dying of ignorance while living in the information age." my sister-in-law.

#8 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32252 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostHockeyDon, on 21 October 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Gold? Not tinfoil?
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#9 Beelzebuddy

Convenient Target of Irrational Fears

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2275 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostLFC, on 21 October 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

All I read was the title of this post and instantly guessed the author. Do I get a prize?

Posted Image
Fear Sells!

Cui bono?

"The real problem of humanity is the following: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and god-like technology." - EO Wilson.

"Hell is truth seen too late" - T Hobbes

#10 HockeyDon

Mind blown...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3776 posts
  • LocationNew Britain, CT

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostLFC, on 21 October 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Gold? Not tinfoil?

Gold star for your tinfoil helmet.
Well, fuck.

How can I be expected to distinguish BS from reality when so much of my reality is utter BS?!

"There seems to be a lot of people dying of ignorance while living in the information age." my sister-in-law.

#11 indy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9389 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

I don't know about you folks, but I already awarded the tinfoil helmet, and the recipient appears on a lifelong crusade to keep it.

#12 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10233 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

I once knew a guy with a funny story about stars on helmets during gas training in the Army. T'wasn't a good thing to have...
Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#13 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32252 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostHockeyDon, on 21 October 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

Gold star for your tinfoil helmet.

Posted Image

#14 dsp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3654 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:38 AM

It is clear this man, Francis A. Boyle, knows how they operate. Personally, I would like more detail on what he has to support these conclusions.

Guinea and Liberia have never acceded to the Biological Weapons Convention. That much is true. If there is credible evidence the US government is doing or directly or indirectly funding bio research with military applications in those particulalr countries, that is enough to go on to justify more investigation as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going to send this to The Intercept and hope Greenwald will look into this angle.

#15 J-CA

Probably in one of my drunken stupors..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4768 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

There is a lot of "fun" stuff out there.
http://thedailybante...onspiracy-site/

This is my "favourite":

Posted Image

The source of this story, Dr. Richard C. Davis, is pretty busy for an infectious disease expert claiming to have been developing miraculous anti-viral agents with the military. In between appearing on InfoWars to talk about his experience working with U.S. Navy SEALs on deep diving missions, exposing the conspiracy to cover up dangerous Fukushima radiation, launching unsuccessful crowdfunding campaigns to cure canine cancer, suing the Federal Reserve System, receiving emergency stop orders on his medical license for selling bogus macular degeneration treatments and having one out of five stars on HealthGrades.com, Davis sure is one hell of a globe-trotting expert.
By the way, Davis claims to have started his career intending to be an astronaut. RC-2Beta — the “successful Ebola drug” — is by his own admission a cancer treatment for dogs. He told InfoWars that the government’s refusal to listen to him constituted “gross misconduct, dereliction of duty, criminal negligence or worse – treason.”

It seems that the bio-warfare angle is pretty popular: http://www.liberiano...euticals-us-dod

2. EBOLA HAS A TERRIBLE HISTORY, AND TESTING HAS BEEN SECRETLY TAKING PLACE IN AFRICA

I am now reading The Hot Zone, a novel, by Richard Preston (copyrighted 1989 and 1994); it is heart-rending. The prolific and prominent writer, Steven King, is quoted as saying that the book is “One of the most horrifying things I have ever read. What a remarkable piece of work.” As a New York Times bestseller, The Hot Zone is presented as “A terrifying true story.” Terrifying, yes, because the pathological description of what was found in animals killed by the Ebola virus is what the virus has been doing to citizens of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia in its most recent outbreak: Ebola virus destroys peoples’ internal organs and the body deteriorates rapidly after death. It softens and the tissues turn into jelly, even if it is refrigerated to keep it cold. Spontaneous liquefaction is what happens to the body of people killed by the Ebola virus! The author noted in Point 1, Dr. Horowitz, chides The Hot Zone for writing to be politically correct; I understand because his book makes every effort to be very factual. The 1976 Ebola incident in Zaire, during President Mobutu Sese Seko, was the introduction of the GMO Ebola to Africa.

3. SITES AROUND AFRICA, AND IN WEST AFRICA, HAVE OVER THE YEARS BEEN SET UP FOR TESTING EMERGING DISEASES, ESPECIALLY EBOLA

The World Health Organization (WHO) and several other UN Agencies have been implicated in selecting and enticing African countries to participate in the testing events, promoting vaccinations, but pursuing various testing regiments. The August 2, 2014 article, West Africa: What are US Biological Warfare Researchers Doing in the Ebola Zone? by Jon Rappoport of Global Research pinpoints the problem that is facing African governments.

Obvious in this and other reports are, among others:

(a) The US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), a well-known centre for bio-war research, located at Fort Detrick, Maryland;

( b ) Tulane University, in New Orleans, USA, winner of research grants, including a grant of more than $7 million the National Institute of Health (NIH) to fund research with the Lassa viral hemorrhagic fever;

© the US Center for Disease Control (CDC);

(d) Doctors Without Borders (also known by its French name, Medicins Sans Frontiers);

(e) Tekmira, a Canadian pharmaceutical company;

(f) The UK’s GlaxoSmithKline; and

(g) the Kenema Government Hospital in Kenema, Sierra Leone.

Reports narrate stories of the US Department of Defense (DoD) funding Ebola trials on humans, trials which started just weeks before the Ebola outbreak in Guinea and Sierra Leone.
About the Author:

Dr. Broderick is a former professor of Plant Pathology at the University of Liberia’s College of Agriculture and Forestry...

I am the burrito until someone hands me to a philosopher.

#16 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32252 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostJ-CA, on 22 October 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

This is my "favourite":

How can you doubt him? He's a doctor so he must know.

This kinda' reminds me of how the climate change denialists point to some type of scientist, perhaps even a climate scientist, as somebody who must know what he's talking about when he disagrees with thousands of his peers. Apparently the tin foil hat folks only need one to discount the many.

#17 dsp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3654 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

I ran across a lot of that stuff looking for background on Boyle's writings. Boyle has no control over who picks up his comments or how people use his comments. If RT, Press TV, etc. pick them up, Boyle can't help that. To get rid of that stuff, I had to set a filter to exclude all search results on Boyle generated after June 1st.

Boyle is not making the same claims as that Liberian, and I don't think their overall credibilty is the same. Boyle wrote the Biological Weapons Act of 1989. Accordingly, issues related to biological weapons, agreements, treaties, compliance, verification and such things seem to be within the scope of his professional expertise.

#18 J-CA

Probably in one of my drunken stupors..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4768 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

Boyle's conspiracy theory laden past is his own though, so the idea that he is the wellspring of the bio-warfare research ideas because of his legitimate concerns is a bit of a dubious proposition on its own. The idea that the US government is developing "weaponized" Ebloa or HIV/AIDS is pretty old.
I am the burrito until someone hands me to a philosopher.

#19 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14184 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

Filtering the search results to get rid of the results you don't agree with is the very essence of cherry picking.
“Trump’s a stupid man’s idea of a smart person, a poor man’s idea of a rich person & a weak man’s idea of a strong man.”

— Fran Lebowitz

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

— Carl Sagan

Pray for Trump: Psalm 109:8

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#20 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8190 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users