2289 replies to this topic

#21 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22184 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

I do have a little bit of a thing for the absurd.

Posted Image
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#22 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Doesn't beer goggles work for them? I suppose Guinness doesn't have the same effect.

#23 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22184 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostProbabilistic, on 21 October 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Doesn't beer goggles work for them?

Mmmmm. Beer goggles.

https://www.youtube....h?v=xZZpsSOwxcw
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#24 Traveler

Rambling Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11920 posts
  • LocationPhilly Area

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

That commercial illustrates how amazing it is to see what good makeup, hair styling and clothing can do to a woman. For more along these lines, check this out. Frankly, if I was a pretty woman, I would generally do everything in my power to look mousy like she did initially in the commercial so guys wouldn't constantly fall over themselves to go after me. Catcalls must be tiresome once the initial glow wears off. Save it for a hot date or night on the town. This kind of gets back to the whole teenagers dressing up provocatively in school thing. Don't think I don't like it, I do. But I find it distracting. Its whats between the ears that is important.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."-- Winston Churchill
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" Voltaire

#25 Ari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

http://www.talkradio...iowarfare-labs/

#26 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

https://www.youtube....aQ5aeGiO0#t=365

#27 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22184 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

Posted Image

#28 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

Have you ever plowed through in-flight food and wondered how you can get airline food delivered to your doorstep? - Tom Bodette on Wait Wait Don't Tell me

For those of you pining for such gastronomical delights, if you can afford the culinary extravaganza there's a website for you...

Air Food One Delivers Airline Food Right To Your Door

Just in case you had a craving for airline food for some reason, there’s now a company in Germany that will bring it to you. Air Food One is a subscription food delivery service that has teamed up with grocery company AllYouNeed.comand LGS Sky Chefs to bring leftover airline food right to the door .

I think this will particularly suit Rich when he's tired of roast beef and meat pies, and wants to treat himself to something more than takeout curries.

P.S. Service is currently limited to Germany but I'm sure there'll be a market in the UK

#29 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22184 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:22 PM

Funny, but actually real. KFC has a promo for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation that includes a 64 oz cup (the Mega Jug) of sugary goodness. The JDRF defends it saying that there is a difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, but I think this is probably a less than great message to be sending.

Posted Image

#30 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22184 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image

#31 J-CA

Probably in one of my drunken stupors..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4480 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

Posted Image
OK, not humour, but pretty neat.
I am the burrito until someone hands me to a philosopher.

#32 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:22 PM

Snooping in Mama Grizzly's backyard is fun.

The proportions seems a bit off though.

#33 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11431 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

Well it's not a grizzly.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#34 J-CA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4480 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

Why is it not a grizzly?
It is a real photo, here's the story.
http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-lens-1.2822627

#35 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11431 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

It looked like a black bear to me. It must be a very young one. This is more of what comes to mind when it comes to grizzlies.

Posted Image
"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#36 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:55 PM

Must be a baby grizzly. It's relative proportion w.r.t. the tripod and camera seems small (at least smaller than what I would expect of a grizzly).

A little peep in to the world of grizzlies...

http://www.pbs.org/w...act-sheet/6522/

#37 J-CA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4480 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

Definitely a juvenile, which makes sense, those are the curious ones that are always getting into trouble.

#38 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

I think Atlanta Hartsfield Airport needs those signs

#39 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

Celebrating the return of Dumb and Dumber...

#40 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

Even though he/she depends on Big Coal...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users