Posted Image

#3 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9613 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

Yes, it is Friday.
"What the Nazis were doing was not describing what was true, but what would have to be true to justify what they planned to do next." — Hannah Arendt in her book The Origins of Totalitarianism

"No nation is permitted to live in ignorance with impunity." Thomas Jefferson: Virginia Board of Visitors Minutes, 1821

“Nixon and his successors hid behind ideology and obscured the contradictions by pursuing a strategy I would call 'no-fault bigotry.'” — William Greider

“It’s not ‘Nation Building’, We are Assisting them in Building their Nation” — Marco Rubio on Iraq

“I should apologize for all of my stories that you wished were true and turned out not to be.” — Andy Borowitz

“Republicans want smaller government for the same reason that crooks want fewer cops: it's easier to get away with murder.” — James Carville

"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics." — Robert A. Heinlein, Postscript, Revolt in 2100

"As long you have racism, as long as you have Islamophobia, as long as you have rampant misogyny, you're going to have the wellsprings of fascist sensibility." Chris Vials

#4 Probabilistic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostAnBr, on 10 October 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Yes, it is Friday.

Posted Image

#5 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16235 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

I seem to remember this topic coming up at TRS a long time ago.

Posted Image
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"Didn't vote for Hillary Clinton? Then you own [insert horrible act here]."

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

#6 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9613 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostProbabilistic, on 10 October 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

Posted Image

Traveler? Is that you?
"What the Nazis were doing was not describing what was true, but what would have to be true to justify what they planned to do next." — Hannah Arendt in her book The Origins of Totalitarianism

"No nation is permitted to live in ignorance with impunity." Thomas Jefferson: Virginia Board of Visitors Minutes, 1821

“Nixon and his successors hid behind ideology and obscured the contradictions by pursuing a strategy I would call 'no-fault bigotry.'” — William Greider

“It’s not ‘Nation Building’, We are Assisting them in Building their Nation” — Marco Rubio on Iraq

“I should apologize for all of my stories that you wished were true and turned out not to be.” — Andy Borowitz

“Republicans want smaller government for the same reason that crooks want fewer cops: it's easier to get away with murder.” — James Carville

"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics." — Robert A. Heinlein, Postscript, Revolt in 2100

"As long you have racism, as long as you have Islamophobia, as long as you have rampant misogyny, you're going to have the wellsprings of fascist sensibility." Chris Vials

#7 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16235 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

#8 indy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8033 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostAnBr, on 10 October 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Traveler? Is that you?

C'mon, that's a dog. This is him:

Posted Image

#9 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16235 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

I actually snagged one of Traveler's baby shots...

Posted Image

#10 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16235 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

And next time we get together, it has to be at his house...

Posted Image

#11 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9613 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

I want one of those.

#12 Traveler

Rambling Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11034 posts
  • LocationPhilly Area

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:03 PM

What a fucking hoot! You guys made my evening. Having a nice pour of MacAllan. Love Seattle. If I could handle the weather.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."-- Winston Churchill
"We never threaten anyone. We just explain the situation." Russian spokesman

#13 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9613 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:24 AM

View Postindy, on 10 October 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

C'mon, that's a dog. This is him:

Posted Image

Oh, I get it. That was Traveler's dog.

#14 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16235 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

EDIT: Using a different source for the picture since some can't see it directly.

Posted Image

#15 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9613 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

For the others that can't see it, a direct link.

http://www.superfunn...-of-English.jpg

#16 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16235 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

WTF, AnBr? Just like another image I posted, it shows up just fine for me. Wonder if it's browser specific.

#17 Traveler

Rambling Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11034 posts
  • LocationPhilly Area

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

Me neither. Poor grammar don't seem the topic...
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."-- Winston Churchill
"We never threaten anyone. We just explain the situation." Russian spokesman

#18 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9613 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostLFC, on 12 October 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

WTF, AnBr? Just like another image I posted, it shows up just fine for me. Wonder if it's browser specific.

When I look at your BB code, it looks fine, but the image does not show. I do not seem to have problems with images posted by others.

#19 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16235 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

#20 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9613 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:57 PM

http://www.cc.com/vi...alien-imposters

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users