1693 replies to this topic

#1681 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image
"What the Nazis were doing was not describing what was true, but what would have to be true to justify what they planned to do next." — Hannah Arendt in her book The Origins of Totalitarianism

"No nation is permitted to live in ignorance with impunity." Thomas Jefferson: Virginia Board of Visitors Minutes, 1821

“Nixon and his successors hid behind ideology and obscured the contradictions by pursuing a strategy I would call 'no-fault bigotry.'” — William Greider

“It’s not ‘Nation Building’, We are Assisting them in Building their Nation” — Marco Rubio on Iraq

“I should apologize for all of my stories that you wished were true and turned out not to be.” — Andy Borowitz

“Republicans want smaller government for the same reason that crooks want fewer cops: it's easier to get away with murder.” — James Carville

"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics." — Robert A. Heinlein, Postscript, Revolt in 2100

"As long you have racism, as long as you have Islamophobia, as long as you have rampant misogyny, you're going to have the wellsprings of fascist sensibility." Chris Vials

#1682 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

Posted Image
"What the Nazis were doing was not describing what was true, but what would have to be true to justify what they planned to do next." — Hannah Arendt in her book The Origins of Totalitarianism

"No nation is permitted to live in ignorance with impunity." Thomas Jefferson: Virginia Board of Visitors Minutes, 1821

“Nixon and his successors hid behind ideology and obscured the contradictions by pursuing a strategy I would call 'no-fault bigotry.'” — William Greider

“It’s not ‘Nation Building’, We are Assisting them in Building their Nation” — Marco Rubio on Iraq

“I should apologize for all of my stories that you wished were true and turned out not to be.” — Andy Borowitz

“Republicans want smaller government for the same reason that crooks want fewer cops: it's easier to get away with murder.” — James Carville

"It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics." — Robert A. Heinlein, Postscript, Revolt in 2100

"As long you have racism, as long as you have Islamophobia, as long as you have rampant misogyny, you're going to have the wellsprings of fascist sensibility." Chris Vials

#1683 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14893 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

View PostAnBr, on 11 February 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Oldie but goody. Here's a multi-decade old joke that I've always loved.

A blonde woman is zipping down the road in her red convertible when she gets pulled over by a state trooper. He walks up to the car and looks down. The woman is gorgeous, stacked, is wearing a tight see-through blouse with no bra. He starts to shake a little. Then he starts to drool a bit. He can't help himself and reaches down, opens his zipper, and his dick comes flying out. The blonde looks and says "Oh, no! No ANOTHER breathalyzer!"
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"Didn't vote for Hillary Clinton? Then you own [insert horrible act here]."

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

#1684 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:09 AM

Posted Image

#1685 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14893 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"Didn't vote for Hillary Clinton? Then you own [insert horrible act here]."

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

#1686 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

Posted Image

#1687 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

Posted Image

#1688 Progressive whisperer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8170 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

AnBr, on 18 February 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

Saturday is the new Friday.

That is a massive fail on marketing reaserch.
Trump delenda est.
GOP delenda est.
Resist!

#1689 andydp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2123 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY near Albany

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

View PostAnBr, on 18 February 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

There's an app for that, really !
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Rev Martin Luther King Jr.

Obamacare took my guns away and put me in a FEMA reeducation camp.

Anonymous

#1690 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:11 AM

Posted Image

#1691 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

Un-see this:

Posted Image

#1692 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

Posted Image

#1693 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

Posted Image

#1694 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8911 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users