14 replies to this topic

#1 Central TX Mom

Yo Mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

I just turned on Meet the Press and saw David Gregory talking to John Kerry. Kerry's face looked like he has had a stroke. I googled "John Kerry's face" and only got links that showed that a year and a half ago he had been hit while playing hockey and the articles were about bruises around his eyes. It doesn't look like Bell's palsy to me, though.

Today his right eye was mostly shut and the bridge of his nose looked significantly wider. I couldn't quite tell if his mouth is different than normal. Video is here http://www.nbcnews.c...898967#52898967

Posted Image

#2 HockeyDon

Mind blown...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3718 posts
  • LocationNew Britain, CT

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Wow. That does look bad.
Well, fuck.

How can I be expected to distinguish BS from reality when so much of my reality is utter BS?!

"There seems to be a lot of people dying of ignorance while living in the information age." my sister-in-law.

#3 anniemargret

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Actually I thought maybe he had a facelift.!
- "If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it."
- "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
- "Politicians and diapers must be changed often. And for the same reason."

-Mark Twain (1835-1981), American author, humorist

"I felt more keenly than before the need of a philosophy that would do justice to the infinite vitality of Nature. In all things I saw the passion of life for growth and greatness, the drama of everlasting creation.

I came to think of myself, not as a dance and chaos of molecules, but as a brief and minute portion of that majestic process. . . In a measure the Great Sadness was lifted from me, and, where I had seen omnipresent death, I saw now everywhere the pageant and triumph of life."

- Will Durant (1885-1981), historian, writer, philosopher

#4 nuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

View Postanniemargret, on 01 September 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Actually I thought maybe he had a facelift.!
That remark is not funny!

#5 anniemargret

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postnuser, on 02 September 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

Good grief, get a grip. I actually thought he had a facelift. I didn't mean it to be funny.
- "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

"I felt more keenly than before the need of a philosophy that would do justice to the infinite vitality of Nature. In all things I saw the passion of life for growth and greatness, the drama of everlasting creation.

I came to think of myself, not as a dance and chaos of molecules, but as a brief and minute portion of that majestic process. . . In a measure the Great Sadness was lifted from me, and, where I had seen omnipresent death, I saw now everywhere the pageant and triumph of life."

#6 Central TX Mom

Yo Mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

View Postnuser, on 02 September 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

Huh? After I googled again, it seems that a lot of people on the internet think it was plastic surgery related. Why the comment to anniemargaret?

#7 nuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostCentral TX Mom, on 02 September 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Huh? After I googled again, it seems that a lot of people on the internet think it was plastic surgery related. Why the comment to anniemargaret?
Mr. Kerry's eye appears not to be focussing nor seeing and that is not a normal consequence ,or a given as Annie suggests. of plastic surgeries. A friend of mine had a bleed in
her eye due to a stroke and had almost no vision in that eye and the eye looked exactly like Mr. Kerry's.

#8 Central TX Mom

Yo Mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

View Postnuser, on 02 September 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Mr. Kerry's eye appears not to be focussing nor seeing and that is not a normal consequence ,or a given as Annie suggests. of plastic surgeries. A friend of mine had a bleed in
her eye due to a stroke and had almost no vision in that eye and the eye looked exactly like Mr. Kerry's.

I think that if the U.S. Secretary of State had had a stroke we would have heard about it. The news was all over it eariler this year when his wife was hospitalized with a possible stroke (turns out it wasn't a stroke).

#9 anniemargret

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

View Postnuser, on 02 September 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

nuser, the idea that he had a stroke did not occur to me at all. Now that people are mentioning his eye, I can see where some people might have thought he had a stroke. However, I would think that if Mr. Kerry had a stroke, it would be in the news. It wasn't. My first impression that I got when I saw Kerry on TV months ago talking was that he looked a bit different. Like his jaw area was fuller and less angular. He had more middle aged pouches on the sides of his mouth that everyone gets when they reach 60+.

I honestly thought it was cosmetic surgery, which frankly doesn't bother me a bit. I wish I had the money for a bit of a tummy tuck having 3 C-sections for my sweet kids to come into the world.

Sorry if you thought I was joking....

#10 Central TX Mom

Yo Mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Wow. He absolutely did have work done. People's faces don't generally get smoother and less lined as they get older. His chin is now straight line down from his bottom lip to his chin with no indentation, and he used to have a vertical crease in his cheeks from the cheekbone to his jaw. Here is an older, more natural picture of him.

Posted Image

#11 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8071 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Many politicians have 'work' done. Bill Clinton to name an obvious one, and of course Pelosi. And during her current 'quiet time', Hillary probably is getting 'tightened up', especially if she runs and her age is made an issue.

Cosmetic surgery has improved greatly in recent years. It's not something I'd consider, but if one is in the public eye, either politics or Hollywood, appearance sadly does affect if one gets the job.

As for the facelift comment being offensive, heavens. People who willingly put themselves in the public eye (no pun intended) need to be ready for all sorts of comments. That was, at worst, very mild. I too initially would have thought it 'work gone bad', or a stroke.

As for Kerry, hopefully his vision isn't impaired.
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

#12 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13624 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Botox?
“Trump’s a stupid man’s idea of a smart person, a poor man’s idea of a rich person & a weak man’s idea of a strong man.”

— Fran Lebowitz

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

— Carl Sagan

Pray for Trump: Psalm 109:8

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#13 nuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1103 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

View Postanniemargret, on 02 September 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

nuser, the idea that he had a stroke did not occur to me at all. Now that people are mentioning his eye, I can see where some people might have thought he had a stroke. However, I would think that if Mr. Kerry had a stroke, it would be in the news. It wasn't. My first impression that I got when I saw Kerry on TV months ago talking was that he looked a bit different. Like his jaw area was fuller and less angular. He had more middle aged pouches on the sides of his mouth that everyone gets when they reach 60+. I honestly thought it was cosmetic surgery, which frankly doesn't bother me a bit. I wish I had the money for a bit of a tummy tuck having 3 C-sections for my sweet kids to come into the world. Sorry if you thought I was joking....
The bottom line here is Kerry's eye does not look normal. Plastic surgery has come a long way and should be applauded for the fantastic work done on burn victims , people shot in the face etc.
I could not care less if people nip . tuck and remodel their bodies . As always you show a touch of class Annie and "not funny" was an inappropriate term. I find it hilarious Texas Mom first raised the question of a stroke and then dumped on me! None of us knows what has caused this disturbance in Mr. Kerry's eye , why not just wish him well!

#14 Central TX Mom

Yo Mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postnuser, on 02 September 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

I find it hilarious Texas Mom first raised the question of a stroke and then dumped on me!

Uh, maybe because I just suggested that he looked like he might have had a stroke but wasn't actually rude to anyone here. You were rude to anniemargaret for no good reason. There is a difference. Sheesh.

#15 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8071 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

It's a holiday. Time for another. :)

(Maybe Kerry just had too much too drink.)

Posted Image
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users