#1 cmk

Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7540 posts
  • LocationBennington, VT, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

A blueprint.

Many of us have been saying for some time that the chief problem with the so-called "tea party" is that it is simply a protest movement that was given power it had no idea how to use, and worse, no interest. Now the chickens are coming home to roost. The original concept behind the movement had some validity, but it is now poised to tear not only the Republican Party apart, but the nation.

Sad days.
Charles M. Kozierok - Administrator, TalkRadioSucks.com

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." -- Herbert Spencer

"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position." -- Bill Maher

"Our new Government['s] foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition." -- Alexander Stephens, Vice-President of the Confederacy

#2 cmk

Chief Cook and Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7540 posts
  • LocationBennington, VT, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Known Universe

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Very appropos, right after I posted the above I saw this on Andrew Sullivan's site: The GOP At War With Itself.

As is so often the case, it is the bystanders who will be hurt the most (I can't use the word "innocent" though -- we collectively elected these lunatics.)
Charles M. Kozierok - Administrator, TalkRadioSucks.com

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." -- Herbert Spencer

"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position." -- Bill Maher

"Our new Government['s] foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and moral condition." -- Alexander Stephens, Vice-President of the Confederacy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users