3 replies to this topic

#1 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9613 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:10 PM

Just seen on the news. His car went off the road at about 7;30 am, rolled down an embankment in LA area. Jaws of life needed to get him out. Legs seriously injured, but not life-threatening.

https://edition.cnn....-spt/index.html
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

We go low so you don't have to. ~ LP

Person.. woman.. man.. election... vote. ~ Twitter

#2 Bact PhD

Frustrated, Thoughtful Independent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2965 posts
  • LocationDrifting on the Exxon Covid

Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:10 AM

He was still recuperating from (yet another) back surgery, so he wasn’t playing in the tournament...although he had been hoping to be well enough to compete in the Masters come April. Yeeeah, I don’t see that happening now.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if he called it a career after this.
Politics these days is show business. Elections are Dancing with the Stars with consequences. ~Rue Bella

(About fame) Living for likes, shares and follows is a form of validation. The question is whether it is also the source of our self esteem. If it is, we’re screwed. And, culturally, it seems as if it’s become more and more our shared value. ... Meringue is no longer a sweet and pretty topping but the body itself. ~Charles Perez

The trouble is that editors and their journalists are simply employees of large profit-seeking corporations whose executives have no idea of what "truth" is; only "ratings" or "clicks" or share price. ~Rich T Bikkies, 10/1/2020

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816. ME 14:384, via LFC, 12/1/2016

Competent people go in one of a few directions. But incompetence is infinite. ~David Brooks, NY Times

#3 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7939 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:23 PM

He's 45? I always think of him as the kid that kept winning.

#4 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9613 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:21 PM

I've never followed golf that closely. Though for awhile when Tiger was really hot, I did watch some. The only thing more time-consuming than playing golf is watching golf.

I had not realized Tiger had had 5 back surgeries. An accident such as this would not have helped that. I don't see him coming back professionally. His leg injuries are severe and, it's reported, he may not be able to put any weight on his surgically repaired legs for months. Even if he'll be able to walk well enough again, highly unlikely he'd be able to walk an 19 hole course. Er, 18 hole for pros, 19 hole for TRS players. :)

Years ago, there had been an exception granted for using a cart given to a disabled player. Coincidentally, a friend of Tiger's from Stanford.

I was reading some comments about Tiger elsewhere, and while everyone wishes him well, there was some pointed criticism for some of his past life-style. Sure, he wasn't perfect, but I'd cut him so much more slack than many/most of the current GOP politicians.
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

We go low so you don't have to. ~ LP

Person.. woman.. man.. election... vote. ~ Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users