9 replies to this topic

#1 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39568 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:28 PM

I figure there will be a few initially, maybe more as we get closer to the election in 2022.

First up we have Nikki Haley who gladly ho'd herself out to Trump and is now trying to get back to the place she left behind long ago and far away. No dice, Nikki. You're a Trumpy now and forever. The mealy-mouthing is nauseating.

Former Trump United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley has turned on former President Donald Trump for his role in stoking the United States Capitol riots on January 6th.

In an interview with Politico's Tim Alberta, Haley said that she didn't think Trump would be a significant figure in the Republican Party going forward, and she admitted it was a mistake for the GOP to help him in his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

"He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him," she said. "And we can't let that ever happen again."

Haley insisted that she was proud of the work she had done for the former president, and claimed that something fundamentally changed in him after he lost the election.

"I mean, I'm deeply disturbed by what's happened to him," she said. "Never did I think he would spiral out like this... I don't feel like I know who he is anymore... The person that I worked with is not the person that I have watched since the election."

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#2 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39568 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 12 February 2021 - 04:32 PM

This author asks if Nikki Haley just lied to us? I'd say yes. HELLs yes!

"There was nothing to fear about him when I worked for him. I mean, he may have been brash. He may have been blunt. But he was someone who cared about the country. … I still stand by that. I don't think we should ever apologize for the policies that we fought for and the things that we did during his four years."

"Since the election—" she stopped herself. “I mean, I'm deeply disturbed by what's happened to him."

Since the election? Lying about the 2016 election wasn't a problem? Lying about the 2020 election wasn't a problem? Over 20,000 lies told during his presidency weren't a problem?

This sums her up well.

In Tim Alberta's piece, he writes:

"Was Haley really surprised that Trump, who spent the previous four years inventing claims of mass voter fraud, would try to destabilize the democratic process? If the answer is yes, as she insists, it raises a fundamental question about her discernment. If she so badly misread Trump—a man whose habits and methods she had ample opportunity to study up close—then how can she be trusted to handle the likes of Vladimir Putin?"

What he doesn't ask is, "Is Nikki Haley lying?"

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#3 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5980 posts
  • LocationAn Anarchist Jurisdiction

Posted 12 February 2021 - 09:32 PM

I'll only believe a Trump whore if she provides a Pee Tape.
"strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence"

#4 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2759 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 12 February 2021 - 10:54 PM

View Postbaw1064, on 12 February 2021 - 09:32 PM, said:

I'll only believe a Trump whore if she provides a Pee Tape.
...or pictures of his mushroom.
"All glory to the HypnoTrump, or else..."

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

#5 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16021 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:01 PM

View Postpnwguy, on 12 February 2021 - 10:54 PM, said:

...or pictures of his mushroom.

Posted Image
“Trump’s a stupid man’s idea of a smart person, a poor man’s idea of a rich person & a weak man’s idea of a strong man.”

— Fran Lebowitz

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

— Carl Sagan

Pray for Trump: Psalm 109:8

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#6 pnwguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2759 posts
  • LocationPortlandia

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:04 PM

View PostAnBr, on 12 February 2021 - 11:01 PM, said:

Posted Image
Does that grant you Whore Status?
"All glory to the HypnoTrump, or else..."

"It all makes sense when you remind yourself that the GOP is no longer a political party but turned into an organized crime family"

"I hope to live long enough that the name Trump is reviled as much as the name Hitler or Stalin"

#7 baw1064

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5980 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 11:18 PM

Depends how much much you're getting paid.
"strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence"

#8 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39568 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:48 AM

I wonder when mega-whore Little Lindsey Graham will finally stop wiping his lips.

#9 baw1064

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5980 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 04:52 PM

View PostLFC, on 13 February 2021 - 10:48 AM, said:

I wonder when mega-whore Little Lindsey Graham will finally stop wiping licking his lips.

#10 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39568 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 February 2021 - 05:12 PM

View PostLFC, on 12 February 2021 - 04:28 PM, said:

First up we have Nikki Haley who gladly ho'd herself out to Trump and is now trying to get back to the place she left behind long ago and far away. No dice, Nikki. You're a Trumpy now and forever. The mealy-mouthing is nauseating.

I take it back. She went right back to being a whore. Trump smacked her on the beak and she decided it was more politically and monetarily advantageous to be Lindsey Graham in a dress ... but I repeat myself. Looks like more Trumpsucking is required to be allowed to lick his boots, Nikki.

Former President Donald Trump refused to see his former ambassador, Nikki Haley, Politico reported on Thursday. So, she tried to patch up their relationship with a Wall Street Journal op-ed.

Afternoon Playbook cited one source familiar with the situation who said that when Haley reached out Wednesday to Trump, who has moved into Mar-a-Lago as his permanent residence, he turned her down. She reportedly wanted a sit-down meeting with him since the two haven't spoken since the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

"We need to acknowledge he let us down," Haley told Politico days after the attack. "He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."

"He's not going to run for federal office again," Haley also said. "I don't think he's going to be in the picture."

Trump apparently saw her words, because he refused to receive her.

Playbook noted that it comes after Tim Alberta penned a "deep dive" in POLITICO Magazine about Haley's ambitions for the presidency, noting that "she's trying to have it both ways with Trump."

She is attempting to fix the relationship with an op-ed Thursday in The Journal, blaming the media for divisions in the country.

"But Trump, apparently, isn't having it," the report said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users