#101 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8110 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:37 AM

andydp, on 08 April 2021 - 08:12 AM, said:

I have started a new thread on TRS II titled "Sphincter of the Week". This way we can keep up to date with the latest adventures in the unending saga of "Mr Happy Takes Control"

Not to be outdone, our friends in Alabama have their own candidate:

Do they ever stop ? Do they ever relize people have proof ? I readily acknowledge Liberals do this kind of crap also. (Andrew Cuomo) But remember: this is the party of "Family Values".

Here's a new one from Alabama:

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill admits affair, won’t run for U.S. Senate: ‘There’s no excuse’

In an interview with AL.com on Wednesday morning, Merrill denied having had an affair and accused Cesaire McPherson of “stalking” and “harassing” him.

McPherson provided Al.com with a recording of an October 2020 conversation between her and Merrill, who is a Republican. In the 17-minute recording, Merrill and McPherson discuss various sexual acts they performed during dozens of romantic encounters that McPherson says took place between November 2017 and November 2020. During the conversation, Merrill seems to try to end his relationship with McPherson, who was reluctant to break off the affair. He told her they had met for the last time and that he was seeking help from the Lord to stay away from her.

(Now for the oops ! I got caught !! part)

After being played a portion of the recording Wednesday, Merrill, who is married with two children, told AL.com “there’s no excuse” for his extramarital relationship.

www.al.com/news/2021/04/alabama-secretary-of-state-john-merrill-admits-affair-wont-run-for-us-senate-theres-no-excuse.html?fbclid=IwAR0--mvGOHSylkhv_d6J86rpLeNa1VhF4yZjBlgG25rdS90RjNPo3-mjosw

Extramarital affairs cripple some elected officials and not others. I see no rhyme or reason for it.

#102 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39962 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:47 AM

golden_valley, on 08 April 2021 - 09:37 AM, said:

Extramarital affairs cripple some elected officials and not others. I see no rhyme or reason for it.

It's because an affair is used an excuse to dislike somebody people already dislike. If you dislike the opponent more then it's easy to justify why it doesn't matter. (Trump grabbing women was fine because "KILLARY!!!") Former Sen. Vitter, a.k.a. Diaper Man, and his wife howled about how Clinton had to be removed from office because of his affair. When it was revealed that David was paying for sex (allegedly with some real twists) with prostitutes suddenly it was a personal issue they had to work through with the help of God™. The underlying dynamics are almost everything and the affair is either a push or not as allowed by those dynamics.
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#103 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16173 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:49 AM

The staggering scale of the Trump campaign’s opt-out fundraising scheme

Posted Image
“Trump’s a stupid man’s idea of a smart person, a poor man’s idea of a rich person & a weak man’s idea of a strong man.”

— Fran Lebowitz

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

— Carl Sagan

Pray for Trump: Psalm 109:8

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#104 AnBr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16173 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 09:08 AM

The Rachel Maddow Show
April 7 at 6:15PM ·

As 2020 came to a close, Gallup found that the number of Democratic voters and Republican voters nationwide to nearly identical.

Now, the gap between the parties has reached its highest level in nearly a decade.

National poll shows spike in voters identifying as Democrats
“Trump’s a stupid man’s idea of a smart person, a poor man’s idea of a rich person & a weak man’s idea of a strong man.”

— Fran Lebowitz

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

— Carl Sagan

Pray for Trump: Psalm 109:8

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time - when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers arc in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

— Carl Sagan
The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

— H.L. Mencken
On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”

— Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Second inaugural address January, 1937

#105 HockeyDon

Mind blown...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4083 posts
  • LocationNew Britain, CT

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:39 PM

AnBr, on 09 April 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

So, I can understand the donation progression outlined there -- $3, 5, 10, 35, 50, etc. -- until the last one. That jump from $5000 to $36500 seems odd, and oddly specific.

And for those willing to make the $36500 monthly donation, thanks for pointing out, yet again, the wealth disparity in this country.
And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

How can I be expected to distinguish BS from reality when so much of my reality is utter BS?!

#106 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39962 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:26 PM

HockeyDon, on 09 April 2021 - 01:39 PM, said:

So, I can understand the donation progression outlined there -- $3, 5, 10, 35, 50, etc. -- until the last one. That jump from $5000 to $36500 seems odd, and oddly specific.

It's $100 per day. So when you donate $100 per day every month then you naturally get... Uuuuhhh... (Times 12, carry the..) Uhhhhh... MAGA!!!!

Just kidding. I actually know what it means. It's $100 per day for an entire year given over 12 months. That means you're donating $100 per day for each of the 12 years that Q has told us Trump will be president. Just wait. Biden's days are numbered and he'll soon be tossed out and Donald J. Trump will become the 19th legitimate president.
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users