64 replies to this topic

#61 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11596 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 14 August 2020 - 12:01 PM

Hey, Wrecks? Great supervillain name for what you did to 70 years of US diplomacy. Any plans for restitution?
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#62 Rich T Bikkies

Trainee Basil Fawlty. Practising Victor Meldrew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5072 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 14 August 2020 - 12:17 PM

View PostRue Bella, on 14 August 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

LP:

https://twitter.com/...263214071521281

“He is a f&*king moron.” - Rex Tillerson, Trump’s former Secretary of State

One thing I've learnt from following American politics on this board: swearing your head off is a key skill in the skillset for an adviser to the POTUS. I've deteriorated only as far as "bugger" and "bollocks" so I don't think I'd make the cut.

I remember The Mooch. Awesome! An F-bomb every 15 seconds! God would strike me dead if I tried that on!
Reality is a hallucination caused by alcohol deprivation.

Only Satan can rebuke sin. The righteous don't know enough.
Rudyard Kipling

God is not dead. He was merely voted out of office.

You can do anything with anybody if you just save them the trouble of thinking.
Rudyard Kipling

People don’t believe in ideas: they believe in people who believe in ideas. Ze’ev Mankowitz

#63 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35614 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 August 2020 - 01:14 PM

View PostD. C. Sessions, on 14 August 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

Hey, Wrecks? Great supervillain name for what you did to 70 years of US diplomacy. Any plans for restitution?

Are you kidding? He took the job because God™ wanted him to. His wife told him that was true as well. So if you have any beef take it up with Republican Jeebus. Wrecks was just being his servant.
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#64 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11596 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 14 August 2020 - 01:54 PM

View PostRich T Bikkies, on 14 August 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

One thing I've learnt from following American politics on this board: swearing your head off is a key skill in the skillset for an adviser to the POTUS. I've deteriorated only as far as "bugger" and "bollocks" so I don't think I'd make the cut.

Probably fail the IQ test, too.
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#65 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8851 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 14 August 2020 - 06:45 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=Ut4kB5Do_EI

From Meidas Touch.
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

Person.. woman.. man.. camera.. idiot. ~ Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic