26 replies to this topic

#21 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31021 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

Roger knew the jig was up and cried to Trump for a pardon via Alex Jones. You can't make this shit up.

ongtime Trump associate Roger Stone on Thursday reportedly begged President Donald Trump to pardon him through a message sent to InfoWars far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones as the jury deliberated his fate.

Stone, 68, a former Trump 2016 campaign adviser and longtime Republican operative, reportedly sent a message to Jones asking to be pardoned while being tried in federal court in Washington D.C. over seven charges of lying to Congress about his relationship with WikiLeaks.

"Roger Stone's message is this," Jones said during Thursday's broadcast of Infowars' The Alex Jones Show, "He expected to be convicted. He said, 'Only a miracle can save me now,' that was exact words to me last night and this morning."

"And he said to me, 'Alex, barring a miracle, I appeal to God and I appeal to your listeners for prayer, and I appeal to the president to pardon me because to do so would be an action that would show these corrupt courts that they're not going to get away with persecuting people for their free speech or for the crime of getting the president elected,'" Jones continued, adding that Stone asserted, "If we don't do that, it will embolden their criminal activity."

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#22 HockeyDon

Mind blown...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3738 posts
  • LocationNew Britain, CT

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:33 AM

View Postbaw1064, on 16 November 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

That's pretty much abetting lawlessness on the part of the POTUS. OK, he can make that choice I guess, but IMO it's completely the wrong choice.

Remember also, he's a good Republican. Has been for decades.
Well, fuck.

How can I be expected to distinguish BS from reality when so much of my reality is utter BS?!

"There seems to be a lot of people dying of ignorance while living in the information age." my sister-in-law.

#23 Traveler

Rambling Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13365 posts
  • LocationPhilly Area

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:45 AM

View PostJackD, on 16 November 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Mueller believed he was not permitted to come to conclusions as to the criminality of any of Trump's actions.
I know that, but there was nothing stopping him from noting the actions. My question was more about digging into the actual extent of communications. Like that time he predicted the second dump.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."-- Winston Churchill
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" Voltaire

#24 indy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9370 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:56 AM

View PostTraveler, on 17 November 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

I know that, but there was nothing stopping him from noting the actions. My question was more about digging into the actual extent of communications. Like that time he predicted the second dump.

I'm not sure I understand. The government noted in the trial that Stone's lying explicitly precluded them from finding out such information. If I said I was at home during a particular crime, you may be able to prove I was lying about where I was, but it doesn't give you any useful information about the events or perpetrators of the crime.

#25 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31021 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 November 2019 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#26 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10265 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:16 PM

I don't think HRC actually has a trophy room with likenesses of the heads of Trump et al (e.g. Stone) but she would certainly be justified in keeping one.

With a very personal, tasteful, event -- invitation only -- when Trump augurs in.
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#27 Traveler

Rambling Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13365 posts
  • LocationPhilly Area

Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:07 AM

More on Mueller's investigation.

Last month, Judge Beryl A. Howell, chief of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, found that the House was legally engaged in a judicial process that exempts Congress from grand-jury secrecy rules.
[...]
Howell disagreed and rejected Justice Department claims that the House had not yet exhausted other means of obtaining the information, including through subpoena.

“These arguments smack of farce,” she wrote, citing a letter from White House counsel Pat Cipollone to House leaders saying the administration would not cooperate with the impeachment inquiry.

“The reality,” Howell wrote, “is that DOJ and the White House have been openly stonewalling the House’s efforts to get information by subpoena and by agreement, and the White House has flatly stated that the Administration will not cooperate with congressional requests for information.”

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."-- Winston Churchill
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" Voltaire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users