Roger Stone guilty on all counts

26 replies to this topic

#1 indy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9356 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:32 PM

This probably isn't worthy of its own thread, but I got tired of looking for the right one to put it in.

Roger Stone has been found guilty on all charges in a case accusing the longtime Donald Trump adviser of seeking to thwart a House investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

After a trial that spanned just over a week, a federal court jury in Washington, D.C., convicted Stone on five felony counts of lying to investigators, one count of obstructing a congressional probe and one count of witness tampering.

https://www.politico...ampering-071124

#2 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6026 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:03 PM

View Postindy, on 15 November 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

This probably isn't worthy of its own thread, but I got tired of looking for the right one to put it in.

https://www.politico...ampering-071124

That particular clown was at least a little entertaining though we shouldn't laugh at crazy people I guess.

#3 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6026 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:32 PM

From LGM

Posted Image

#4 baw1064

formerly of the public sector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5066 posts
  • LocationEarthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanos--oh my!

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:37 PM

Lock him up!
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#5 indy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9356 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

I think we are going to need one of those javascript widgets like they use for the national debt to keep track of the people in Trump's orbit that end up in the hoosegow.

#6 indy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9356 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:49 PM

Of course, there's always room for one more who is about 6'2", weighs 240 or so, with very small...hands.

#7 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8062 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

I hope the Stone conviction and probable prison time shakes a bit more truth from various impeachment witnesses.
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

#8 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10170 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:01 PM

There's been lots of talk -- a great deal of it from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave -- about Trump pardoning the people who are going to jail for their roles in creating the present shitshow.

I guess we'll see, because if Stone doesn't get one we can pretty safely figure that the only remaining candidates are his own children.
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

#9 baw1064

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5066 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:07 PM

OTOH, if he's been pardoned he can't decline to testify on Fifth Amendment grounds.
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” --Dr. Seuss

#10 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30529 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:49 AM

View Postindy, on 15 November 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

We seem to be finding over and over that nearly every thread dealing with Trump corruption could end up being in folded into the Russia Investigations thread. All roads lead to Russia and Trump is Putin's bitch.
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#11 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8062 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:30 AM

We seem to be finding over and over that nearly every thread dealing with Trump corruption could end up being in folded into the Russia Investigations thread. All roads lead to Russia and Trump is Putin's bitch.

"We will bury you!" - Nikita Khrushchev, 1956.
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

California Secession - Let my people go!

#12 golden_valley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6026 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:32 AM

View PostRue Bella, on 16 November 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

"We will bury you!" - Nikita Khrushchev, 1956.

"We will help you bury yourselves!"--Putin, 2016 Said to the entire Western European continent and the Americas.

#13 Traveler

Rambling Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13332 posts
  • LocationPhilly Area

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

So, we have Stone convicted of lying when he denied contacts with Wikileaks before the email dump. This implies that he WAS in contact with Wikileaks and Assange. And therefore the campaign was conspiring with Wikileaks, no?

So how come this wasn't evidence of collusion with conspiracy? I presume the Stone matter was still in grand jury at the time of the report, so anything said about it would have been redacted.

Somebody please explain what is wrong with this picture.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."-- Winston Churchill
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" Voltaire

#14 JackD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationChicago area

Posted 16 November 2019 - 01:45 PM

Mueller believed he was not permitted to come to conclusions as to the criminality of any of Trump's actions.

#15 baw1064

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5066 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:43 PM

View PostJackD, on 16 November 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Mueller believed he was not permitted to come to conclusions as to the criminality of any of Trump's actions.

Kind of silly. He should know that the current practice is to just do it anyway and see where the dust settles.

#16 JackD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationChicago area

Posted 16 November 2019 - 05:43 PM

Well, he did have that problem with DOJ policy and he was working for the DOJ.

#17 baw1064

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5066 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:16 PM

View PostJackD, on 16 November 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Well, he did have that problem with DOJ policy and he was working for the DOJ.

He could say right now that he would have indicted Trump except for that policy--what would anyone do about it?

#18 JackD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationChicago area

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

He could but he decided to stay out of the politics. He certainly has no obligation to enter the political fray. He basically said to Congress, here's what the evidence was; draw your own conclusions. Congress wanted hm to be a front man and he didn't want to do that.

#19 baw1064

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5066 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

That's pretty much abetting lawlessness on the part of the POTUS. OK, he can make that choice I guess, but IMO it's completely the wrong choice.

#20 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10170 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:00 PM

Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

--John Stewart Mill
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users