1 reply to this topic

#1 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7906 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:33 AM

I doubt these are the only growers who have been tempted to cheat because of the higher prices that organic products can bring. Organic produce from China? Do you trust it? Not only organic/non organic - what about all the fake olive oil that is out there?

Food fraud - how much of it is there? Everyone has to eat. With 7+ billion mouths to feed, daily, I shudder to think.

https://kwwl.com/new...s-10-year-term/

The farmers grew traditional corn and soybeans, mixed them with a small amount of certified organic grains, and falsely marketed them all as certified organic by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Most of the grains were sold as animal feed to companies that marketed organic meat and meat products.

The farmers reaped more than $120 million in proceeds from sales of the tainted grain. The scheme may have involved up to 7 percent of organic corn grown in the U.S. in 2016 and 8 percent of the organic soybeans, prosecutors said.

What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

No longer politically correct

#2 D. C. Sessions

I don't have to pretend to be an adult any more

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9799 posts
  • LocationCentral New Mexico

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:39 AM

I'm careful to avoid stuff marketed as "organic." Too much waste involved.
The way a lot of catastrophes happen is that X doesn't occur because there are safeguards in place, therefore people assume X isn't a worry and they remove the safeguards. Then X happens.
— Nate Silver
"Robots aren't the problem. Capitalism is." -- Last words of Stephen Hawking.
These days, "libertarian" is just a euphemism for a Nazi who's afraid to commit.
"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." -- Heather Heyer
"I'd rather have my child, but by golly, if I gotta give her up, we're gonna make it count." -- Her mother
"Your purpose, then, plainly stated, is that you will destroy the Government, unless you be allowed to construe and enforce the Constitution as you please, on all points in dispute between you and us. You will rule or ruin in all events." -- some RINO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users