Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27422 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:34 PM

Something to take your mind of politics. I like this one:

11. The Jumping Frenchmen of Maine

Yes, this really is the name of this bizarre disorder which occurs when a person becomes extremely startled by an unexpected noise or sight and begins exhibiting an unusual response such as involuntarily flailing his arms, crying out or repeating words. The exact cause of Jumping Frenchmen is unknown, but was first identified in 1878 in some of Maine’s lumberjacks of French-Canadian descent and is thought to belong to other culturally specific disorders such as startle-matching syndromes. This odd reflex has also been identified in other parts of the world and has been linked to the neurological disorder, Coprolalia, a form of Tourette’s characterized by involuntary outbursts of obscene language.

" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

"The 'Road to Serfdom' is really all right turns." --Progressive Whisperer

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#2 Rue Bella

Emerging from a state of cryogenic denial

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7751 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:22 PM

sacré bleu !!!
What is wrong with these people? ~ PG

No longer politically correct

#3 Rich T Bikkies

Trainee Basil Fawlty. Practising Victor Meldrew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4066 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:47 AM

Well, I'll be rogered with a stiff wire brush!
Reality is a hallucination caused by alcohol deprivation.

Only Satan can rebuke sin. The righteous don't know enough.

God is not dead. He was merely voted out of office.

You can do anything with anybody if you just save them the trouble of thinking.

#4 Beelzebuddy

Convenient Target of Irrational Fears

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1550 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

View PostRue Bella, on 18 April 2019 - 10:22 PM, said:

sacré bleu !!!
Savoir Faire is everywhere!
Posted Image
Fear Sells!

Cui bono?

"The real problem of humanity is the following: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and god-like technology." - EO Wilson.

#5 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27422 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:44 AM

Savior Faire, actually. He was the villain in Klondike Kat.

Posted Image
" 'Individual conscience' means that women only get contraceptives if their employers, their physicians, their pharmacists, their husbands and/or fathers, pastors, and possibly their mayors, Governors, State Secretaries of Health, Congressmen, Senators, and President all agree that in that particular case they're justifiable." --D.C. Sessions

"That's the problem with being implacable foes - no one has any incentive to treat you as anything more than an obstacle to be overcome."

""The GOP ... where every accusation is also a confession." --Progressive Whisperer

#6 Practical Girl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8100 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:11 AM

As one who is legally dead, heavily pursued by George Clooney (who I love, despite his very small penile appearance- omg- is it shrinking?), I don't think this is funny. Dahling, his music is red. But he is so hot for me, and who could blame him? If I ever wake up, he's in for a run of it. I'm a wee bit hungry today, and lucky me- our neighbors are beginning a paint project. Snacks for PG!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have cuticles and toenails that need to be "addressed". More snacks. Mama's hungry.
Every woman needs a blowtorch.
---Julia Child

--- On September 17, 1787, as Benjamin Franklin was leaving the deliberations of the Constitutional Convention, at Independence Hall, in Philadelphia, a woman called out to him, saying, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?”
“A republic,” Franklin said, “if you can keep it.”

--- LFC, on Gorsuch ruling: "Awesome. A Christianist who swore an oath to uphold the laws of the nation and bore false witness when he did it"

--- "Write hard and clear about what hurts"
Ernest Hemingway

#7 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27422 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:29 AM

Then there's the special needs character who could only speak in reviews of the movie "I Am Sam." Check out 0:40-1:50.

https://www.dailymot...m/video/x58xtb4

If you're not familiar with Drawn Together it was a spoof on reality shows with a bunch of disparate cartoon characters thrown together in the same house. Most are satirical versions of well known cartoon characters only a bit more ... broken.) If you want a bit more of an idea of their kind of humor, here's a gay test when one of the characters thought he might be homosexual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QawljZ90iiM

#8 Beelzebuddy

Convenient Target of Irrational Fears

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1550 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:39 AM

View PostLFC, on 19 April 2019 - 09:44 AM, said:

Savior Faire, actually. He was the villain in Klondike Kat.

Posted Image
Dude it's spelled right right there on your cartoon
Fear Sells!

Cui bono?

"The real problem of humanity is the following: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and god-like technology." - EO Wilson.

#9 LFC

Fiscal Conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27422 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:05 PM

View PostBeelzebuddy, on 19 April 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Dude it's spelled right right there on your cartoon

Sorry. I've got my head in tax law. That leaves very few brain cells still awake to process anything else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users